Covid booster

• 75 Replies

wighty

Re: Covid booster
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2021, 20:22 »
We looked at the queue at 9am and decided to give it a miss as it was half way round the car  park, went back at 2pm and joined the queue and waited 35 minutes.  Right choice. Was a bit annoyed to find out that they advertised they were open from 9am to 4pm but they actually shut at 2.30 pm  so they can get through the queue in the car park. I tried to book online and was only offered appointments at Chicester, Basingstoke or Andover!

jezza

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2021, 13:06 »
Hello got mine last Thursday, got a text  reminder beginning of November to book,couldn't get appointment as I had to have 182 days from last injection so was booked for January then got a call last Monday for the Thursday afternoon, found out last night that a neighbours sister has come from South Africa for 3 months  I think she has come over for her Covid injection they are being very elusive   as any one googled Omicron    guess what it's a laboratory in Austria     jezza

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2021, 18:16 »
as any one googled Omicron    guess what it's a laboratory in Austria     jezza

I rather suspect that the ancient Greek alphabet came before the laboratory...!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2021, 19:06 »
I'm certain that Dr Who defused the Omicron bomb! Pretty sure it was John Pertwee with UNIT and K9  :D

Being sensible - it's obviously a real race between Omicron and the Booster.  Things will go wrong with the system and people will have to accept it and be tolerant. The NHS & the volunteers etc. are doing their level best. I bet they're all looking forward to another day's jabbing on Boxing day!
I've had emails from Africa and S America from people still waiting to get their first jab. Honestly, some people need to understand just how very lucky we are.

GraciesGran

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2021, 08:08 »
My apologies for my moan.

This week was always going to be ghastly, husband has a phobia about needles and we had 7 funerals to go to.  We missed Monday but did two Tuesday and Wednesday.  Today's and tomorrows are now family only with a service of remembrance and wake at a later date. 

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2021, 08:56 »
I'm sorry if I appeared to be aiming my comments at you - I really wasn't.  :blush:
I'd just watched the local news which seemed to be nothing but complaints about the vaccination push. I should have learned by now, watching the news only serves to annoy and depress me!
Despite the news finding people unhappy, here in Wales the push appears to be going very well. We're done, my daughter is done and my son-in-law gets done on Tuesday next.  The figures for Wales are available here:
https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/public.health.wales.health.protection/viz/RapidCOVID-19virology-Public/Headlinesummary
Wales is operating an appointment only system so the most vulnerable get done first but people have been just turning up at the centres which has caused some problems. On the plus side - great that people are keen to get jabbed and protect themselves, their relatives and the NHS.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2021, 09:28 »
John: I should have learned by now, watching the news only serves to annoy and depress me!
Ain't that the truth!
I don't mind listening to scientists voicing their 'educated opinion' on what is or isn't going to happen, based on what information they have available; it's when the non-qualified journos and pundits take up air time, with their own opinions and sometimes blatantly distorting what was actually said, that I feel like shouting at the TV  :mad:
That can't be good for me, or anybody else  ::)

GraciesGran

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2021, 09:43 »
John, don't be daft.  We're jabbed.  Christmas is coming and we will eat, drink and be merry AND I have seed catalogues to drool over in the new year.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2021, 11:03 »
We're jabbed.  Christmas is coming and we will eat, drink and be merry AND I have seed catalogues to drool over in the new year.

I think that sums up my attitude pretty neatly as well  :lol:

The news is just not watched in the house.  I read what I choose on line and totally ignore the babble on air, as do a lot of people I think.  Everyone seems to be saying the same.  We can make our own minds up thanks  ;)

It is still going to be possible to have a great Christmas.  Just count your blessings (and we have a lot compared to many countries), enjoy what we have (ditto) and look forward to a new growing season  :D

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2021, 20:14 »

This week was always going to be ghastly, husband has a phobia about needles and we had 7 funerals to go to.  We missed Monday but did two Tuesday and Wednesday.  Today's and tomorrows are now family only with a service of remembrance and wake at a later date.

Thinking of you and your family this week, GG {{hugs}}

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2021, 22:40 »
Thinking of you too !

jezza

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2021, 12:48 »
Hello  opened  mail there a letter dated 21 July saying I need no longer isolate and recommend that I have my first covid 19 vaccination,with a list of places that are doing them  4 on the list have closed down 2 are walk in test centres now 2 are approximately  45 minutes away minutes away ,ones in Hammersmith  London the other ones in Liverpool I live in Yorkshire  I've rung a number to say I have had the vaccinations  they cant find any record of me having,it they asked for my NHS number  I said I didn't have it then realised it should have been on top of the letter  nearly got scammed there     jezza

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2021, 13:23 »
Good warning for us all, jezza.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2021, 15:34 »
I'm certain that Dr Who defused the Omicron bomb! Pretty sure it was John Pertwee with UNIT and K9  :D

I thought Omicron was a Transformer character? One of the Deceptions no doubt!  ("More than meets the eye!")
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2021, 15:39 »

My thoughts are with you and your family, with so many family and friends lost!

I sympathize with your husband.  We all have things that make us afraid (mine is high places).

xx
Have you had Covid

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

63 Replies
Last post July 24, 2022, 23:20
by John
xx
Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

115 Replies
Last post May 30, 2021, 13:39
by Aunt Sally
xx
Covid test

Started by GraciesGran on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 29, 2020, 16:38
by New shoot
xx
Covid 19 in Australia ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post April 24, 2020, 12:38
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 52 queries.