Chatting on the Christmas Day Plot

• 61 Replies

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Chatting on the Christmas Day Plot
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2020, 11:53 »
I wonder this every year: how on earth have people managed for decades with only one oven?  Cook X at 160 fan, cook Y at 200 fan, both at the same time? Argh. And when you google for help, you get so many different answers - none of which fit with everything else  :wacko: ::) :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2020, 12:08 »
White Christmas in Atlanta, Georgia!

Merry Christmas everyone! Our Christmas morning is just getting started, but Atlanta got a rare winter surprise, a white Christmas! At least in the northern part of the city.

That might inspire a "so what?", but it's very rare here. I live in Athens, Georgia, about 80 miles east of Atlanta. Our last Christmas snow was about 10 years ago, and before that it was 125 years, only 20 years after our Civil War.

I'm not holding my breath, but a light snow could also happen here late today or tonight.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2020, 12:15 »
There is snow here in the UK, but nowhere near me, so jealous of you SP  :lol:

Years ago I was in a meeting at work and we were on the ground floor looking out onto the office entrance.  One the people there was South African and all of a sudden it started snowing.  Not much, but a bit of a flurry and he stood up and said ‘Could you all excuse me for a minute’.  Of course we all said fine and off he went - we assumed to go visit the little boy’s room.  Then we saw him running around waving his arms in the air outside  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

He came back and said it was magical as he had never seen snow before and couldn’t help himself.  He was a rather standoffish consultant I used to have to work with a lot, but we got on so much better after that  :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2020, 12:47 »
Typical Christmas - something had to go wrong, for somebody, didn't it?
email today -
Dear EON customer,
Due to an IT issue, today we've taken some customer's Direct Debit payments earlier than we should have done.
We're sorry for this mistake and want to reassure you that we're working to refund this money straight back to your bank account. We aim for this to be in your account no later than Tuesday, 29 December 2020. If you're not able to wait for our refund, then please contact your bank directly to see how they can support you.
I did notice they'd taken the DD again on the 23rd rather than the 7th Jan, but was just going to keep an eye on it to make sure they didn't take it again, but I'm truly sorry for those on a really tight budget,  leaving them short over the holidays, because of Eon's mistake....  :(

mrs bouquet

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2020, 13:32 »
The sun is shining and I took a few food bits round to Daughter, she groaned and said, I don't know when we are all going to eat this, and he won't eat that, its cream, oh and he doesn't like those either.   Happy Christmas Daughter ::) ::).   We are having lamb about 4ish.  I have bought them that Sweggler Bird Box, after losing their blue tits in the heatwave early last spring.  It is really heavy, so I shall stagger round with the box.
Last night I watch a compilation of "Have I got News for You".   I haven't watched it for many years.  I really laughed out loud when it was Angus Deyton in the chair after the exposee of him with a prostitute and drugs.
Nobody ever gets the better of Ian Hislop.  Then it went on to being chaired by Bruce Forsythe.   I laughed so much, I then went to bed and didn't go to sleep about about 5am,  too much excitement.    :lol: :lol:
This thread is such a good idea, it lovely to hear what you are all doing -  next year Zoom  !!!
Love to you all, Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2020, 13:44 »
The Gummages wish you all a Merry Christmas.    :D :D :D

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2020, 14:09 »
When I was a school girl (about 300 years ago) I lived in SE London and went to a school called ‘Dick Sheppard’

The Rev. Dick Sheppard was cannon at St Martin in the Fields during WWII.  Every Christmas we were permitted to hold our 9 lessons and Carol service there.  It was magical, we were a very musical school and although only a girls school we had 3 choirs and 3 orchestras and we had a fathers choir.  The metropolitan police choir would also join us at St Maritins . 

So a trip to the West End to see the lights followed by an amazing Christmas musical experience, we sang our lungs out.  What could be better  :D

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
Re: Merry Christmas everyone
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2020, 14:23 »
Merry Christmas from all the hens.

Let's hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

mrs bouquet

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2020, 14:42 »
The Gummages wish you all a Merry Christmas.    :D :D :D
I watched Wurzel, last night to see what he was getting up to.  It is a good job he has got you to keep him in check.  (He did remind me of Edward Scissorhands !).  Mrs B

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2020, 16:55 »
Had lunch, a glass or two of fizz and watched a silly film, now getting that Christmas Day evening feeling.  You know the one? On sofa and not sure I can be bothered moving.

The chickens had mealworms and grapes earlier and are already in bed, as is OH who went for a nap about 2 hours ago. Guess I had better wake him soon  :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2020, 17:14 »
Yup! I got the 'if I sit here for a bit  longer, I'm going to fall asleep' feeling... so I moved to the laptop in the hope it would wake me up  :D
Went on Tw@tter and all the rubbish on there just made me even more weary ... yawn!

wighty

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2020, 19:06 »
Right I need some motivation, I am losing 2-1  in the annual Christmas Scrabble Championship, at least tomorrow we have decided to move on to another game from the cupboard.  I might win nursery rhyme snap!

snowdrops

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2020, 19:12 »
Our dinner ended up being ready at 5.45, hubby put the prepared boned & rolled turkey in at 2pm with a probe in it, great idea but no clue as to when it will be cooked, fine since it was just the two of us & gave us the chance for a glass or two to of fizz, hic, dinner was lovely, don’t think I’ve ever served up so much variety of veg, very different when to just two of you, well 1 really as he only ate the peas,carrots & roast spuds & mash lol, his loss my gain :mad:, not had pudding as yet, I did poached pears & was to have a chocolate sauce but I put that 8n the oven when we turned it off & it got done a tad too much   :unsure:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2020, 19:57 »
Just got back from Daughters.  Lovely leg of lamb, still a little  pink, roasties, parsnips, red cabbage, brocolli,cauli, and I even ate 2 sprouts.  !    One year old Christmas pud,  a mincepie, and a selection of cheeses.  We were socially distance all the time, even at the table.
Now just eating  my 2 squares of very dark medicinal chocolate.  A super day and they are delighted with the Sweggler Bird Box.  I left them arguing about where to fix it tomorrow.    :lol: :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2020, 20:14 »
Glad it went well Mrs B  :)

I’m more awake now and OH got up not long after I last posted, but we are still in comfy mode and content to be not doing much.  The rest of the family is at much the same stage in their own homes and everyone agrees it has not been so bad after all. 

It is dark and very chilly out and home seems a good place to be  :D

xx
What is the plot giving you for Christmas?

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post December 24, 2019, 23:45
by snowdrops
xx
It's Christmas Day

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post December 26, 2018, 14:11
by Yorkie
xx
This Christmas, I got away with...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post December 29, 2019, 11:16
by erikaz1
xx
What does Christmas Day REALLY mean to you >

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post December 06, 2019, 23:06
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 52 queries.