Broken the Covid Rules

• 98 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Re: Broken the Covid Rules
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2020, 00:32 »
I'm so sorry to hear your first trip out for a long time was so bad. There's always those who love to be important. On the other hand, they may have been having problems with people in the past and now see everyone in the same way.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

mrs bouquet

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2020, 12:20 »
Not a very nice experience Chrissie.  Everybodies emotions are all confused at the present, and I guess the little hitlers have been given their instructions and are anxious to do what they are told.  Probably pretty nervous about doing it as well.    I expect they can come up against some grim people.  For yourself, it is horrid and it is easy to weep.  I have done it myself, and that's just being in alone !    Everybody is just so frustrated.      But on the good side,  you got some flour, yipee :D.    Well done, and I am sure it has proved overnight and your house smells of delicious baking.    Enjoy.   Stay safe and regards,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

johnjsdb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2020, 15:07 »
The Saturday before the last easing of lockdown as I was coming from the allotment I saw about 30 motorbikers stopped in the cemetary car park across the road totaly flouting the covid rules,
These were serious enthusiasts as the bikes were gleaming and they were obviously keen to get out and meet to show off the machines
They all had smart leathers and obviously very shinny helmets!

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2020, 10:14 »
In the USA, we have exceeded 160,000 dead in 6 months, and are expected to exceed 300,000 deaths by the end of the year, all because people can't be troubled to keep their distance, wear a mask (to protect others from you), and follow other simple, easy rules.  Putting that in perspective, USA war dead for all of World War II was 405,399.

Our family is very cautious about adhering to the "rules". We minimize our trips out of our home to just the essentials. I am working at home, and haven't been to my office since early March.  However, the rules are treated by others around us as just guidance, or advice, without legal consequences.  The result? In the USA, over 98,000 COVID cases in children alone, just in the last 2 weeks of July.  Child cases are accelerating now that the school year has started, and our foolish officials are insisting on in-person school.

My oldest son is at the University, and wears a mask religiously when he must be on campus. My youngest son also works on the same campus, following the rules. But they come across students and campus workers all the time that are taking no precautions. We feel that it is only a matter of time before one us becomes sick or worse.

I hope other places learn from the foolish mistakes that we are making in the USA.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 10:27 by Subversive_plot »
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2020, 11:38 »
A cautionary story SP !  :(

mrs bouquet

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2020, 13:08 »
Thanks for telling us about the US.  You are obviously doing the best to protect yourselves (as am I)  but sadly so many of the populations just don't care...   Take care,  Mrs Bouquet

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2020, 14:38 »
As things are easing up a lot here, infection rates very low in our area, we decided a hug with our grandson was in order. Poor lamb has been finding it really tough. Then son-in-law goes to work on Monday to find a colleague's wife is positive...
Luckily not someone he works closely with and they're pretty bio-secure anyway (cheese production) but we're back to square one. Generally not bad, we've had chats with neighbours outside but not looking forward to winter.
As for the USA - well not my place to comment.

Goosegirl

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2020, 15:38 »
The other day OH and I went for a ride out to Kirby Lonsdale as we've been in lock-down since the beginning and hardly been out except when we moved house. Bad idea! It was as if nobody had heard of Covid 19. Most were just ambling down the little main street with no respect for social distancing. OH suddenly said he didn't feel safe so we came home.  >:(
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2020, 16:39 »
As for the USA - well not my place to comment.

You are welcome to comment John.  We could use more opinions from elsewhere in the world.

People here are either gravely concerned, or willfully blind to the data and evidence.  And to top it off, we are heading toward an election that may make us look like Belarus if we aren't vigilant.  I probably need to shut up before I say something that gets me banned from the forum.

GraciesGran

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2020, 17:53 »
I am sick of obeying the rules while everyone around me ignores them!  Went shopping today, people never understood what 2 metres was so now it seems that 6" is acceptable.  Why on earth do I bother?  Because I want my grandchildren to go back to school - their education is important  and I fear for their future.

James frond

• Often shaken but never stirred.
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2020, 18:15 »
I am sick of obeying the rules while everyone around me ignores them!  Went shopping today, people never understood what 2 metres was so now it seems that 6" is acceptable.  Why on earth do I bother?  Because I want my grandchildren to go back to school - their education is important  and I fear for their future.
I guess that now face masks are compulsory in shops people feel safe at six inches away.
It must give the public a feeling of security however misguided.
The one place where myself and Mrs frond do like to be is on the allotment. Acres of 'safe' space..
I have to marvel at the butterflies, because even with my fine scaffold net, they somehow find a way in.
We've mixed up a strong potion of garlic clove spray to deter them but I've yet to be convinced of it's worth.
If it proves useless I suppose I could spray it onto myself because that might help to keep other shoppers at bay.
Why did i put 4 courgette plants in..

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2020, 20:34 »

You are welcome to comment John.  We could use more opinions from elsewhere in the world.
We generally avoid politics on the forum - far too divisive. Some topics generate insane reactions, like the UK leaving the EU. I mentioned some of the possible effects (both positive and negative) on social media only to be attacked for being a remainer and a leaver!  :wacko:
Still, you have to hand it to Trump - he said he'd put America first and he's certainly doing that! Sadly the US doesn't have a monopoly on idiots - we've plenty of home grown ones.

Mr Dog

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2020, 20:43 »
Mrs D was fuming early - she'd looked on FB and one of her friends had posted a picture of her and her family enjoying an ice cream in Blackpool. Nothing wrong with that......apart from the fact they only came back from Spain 2 days ago!

chrissie B

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2020, 09:49 »
What got me in the first days of quing was the rudeness of the people on the doors
B and m , little Hitler not helpful
Lidl, first guy helpful and informative second guy  scruffy , no uniform, on his phone all the time and was not nice when I got to the front shouted get back and pointed this all happened on the same day .
Aldi , nice cheered chap helpfull also at morrisons and asda .
Chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2020, 10:20 »
I think we should remember that the important thing is to avoid being infected or infecting. Being on the wrong side of 50 (by a larger margin than I wish) - avoiding getting the virus is most important.
So I don't care what rules the government makes in the sense that we'll continue to minimise our risk until we feel it is safe to stop. Having said that, I can understand young people whose risk is minimal ignoring the rules. I was immortal at 20!
Hopefully the Russian vaccine is as claimed - which I somehow doubt - or one of the many others being tested will do the job and we can get back to normal. 

xx
Allotment hedges - rules

Started by robinahood on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post July 03, 2018, 18:45
by robinahood
xx
Pooh Sticks - they've changed the rules!

Started by DanielCoffey on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post August 18, 2019, 14:38
by mumofstig
xx
new driving rules [highway code]

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

22 Replies
Last post February 12, 2022, 18:16
by jezza
xx
Have you had Covid

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

63 Replies
Last post July 24, 2022, 23:20
by John

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 43 queries.