Broken the Covid Rules

• 98 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: Broken the Covid Rules
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2020, 11:39 »
I must admit I have for once listened and done as told  ??? My daughter needs to keep her fitness up as she will be moving up to PNE's development squad next season, we have done a lot of training etc in the garden (grass totaly wrecked now) but around 8.30pm we go for a bike ride along the prom here at Blackpool.

Now this is weird, there very few people out exercising yet there is a massive police presence, go back a week to last Monday and if you recall we had a cracking sunny day, the prom was full, the beach was full but hardly any lads/ lasses in blue!

One of the teams who I coach their GK the coach is a paramedic, he is recovering from Covid, I have been giving their keeper some stuff to do at home, he called me Sunday on whatts app video, I cannot believe what I saw and it brought tears, this is a 35 year old super fit happy chap that looks like he is about to leave us! He said it was hell and he honestly thought at one point he would not make it. Having spoke with him I have a completely different look on this.

I hear the old **** on the plot complaining about the guidelines/ rules for this virus, I feel like going over with my spade and seriously doing damage to them!
Now I have seen it with my own eyes it has become a very scary situation.
Stay safe everyone and be sensible.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2020, 11:54 »
I agree with you Aidy.

In my book if someone catches COVID through their on selfishness or arrogance and passes it on to someone who then dies... it’s murder, man slaughter at best  :mad:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2020, 12:23 »
OK, so I am in trouble again.  However, there is no need for a couple of you to be so rude !!!!
I in my defence, I have been honest and admitted what I have done.   I very carefully thought about it, and would not have gone anywhere that I considered to be a risk.   Had everywhere been heaving with people I would just have kept on driving.     I wonder how many who criticize, can confess to be squeaky clean.
I have seen folk around here, with daughters and grandchildren turn up, and all go out together with arms linked.   Jump into the car together.   Have garden parties  etc etc.     
So whilst I appreciate your comments, there is no need anywhere for rudeness.     Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2020, 13:10 »
No one has been rude Mrs B, just given their opinions.  We must all have patience and not put others lives at risk.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2020, 14:11 »
I think some have been robust in their opinions rather than rude but if you're anything like us at the moment it's easy to be touchy. I mean that in the way of a friend.
We do understand how tough this is - funny thing is I thought it would be dead easy. What's so hard about staying at home? Well, now we know.
It's the dangerous time now - we've had enough thanks and would like the world to go back to the way it was. If we mess up and it goes out of control we could end up like some states in Brazil where the health systems have collapsed. Then those who would have lived with medical intervention will die. It really is as harsh as that.
Besides, we don't have enough forum friends that we can afford to lose you! :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2020, 14:31 »
Perish the thought that any of or forum or other friends were to die of coronavirus, John.  It’s too terrible to think of.

It’s easier for some of us to stay at home.  I have Worzel for company but it must be very difficult on your own.  We Skype frequently with our grandchildren and follow our grandson’s fun and games on Facebook. 

This is a world war with an unseen enemy and I don’t want to do anything to help that enemy, so I help by staying at home and do a bit of sewing for the NHS among other hobbies.  My brother has joined his local volunteer band and collects prescriptions for people who are shielding and I have a couple of friends who are doing telephone support for lonely people.  That’s their ways of helping.

I’m on a couple of WattsApp groups too who seem mainly to be swapping jokes (most not publishable here).  So although yesterday’s click and collect food shopping was the first I had done for 5 weeks, I can’t say I’m in any way lonely.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2020, 14:41 »
Mrs B
I dont think you have done owt wrong, you have kept to social distancing and we also need to keep our mental health as much as our physical health in tact.
There is a difference between what you have done and say what these idiots on the plots want to do, they want to bring all their families (relatives that dont live in the same household) on to the plots, as I mentioned on the prom and beach people were meeting up, it was bonkers.
Now I have seen what this can do and also there is the risk of a asymptomatic person who could be near me when I am out, we decided to go out on our bikes later with less people around.

GraciesGran

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2020, 15:44 »
Walked.the dog this morning, collected newspaper and prescription.  Delivered plants to my sons allotment, no problem people social distancing all is right with the world.

THEN I went shopping, people pushing and shoving, ignoring the one way system, kids running riot.  Left shopping trolley with startled security guard and came home.  Ghastly experience.  Cheered myself up by walking the dog on the beach, no one about peace restored.  Now raising a glass to my friend whose funeral is today.

snowdrops

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2020, 16:08 »
Dear Mrs B, I do hope you are feeling ok now there are some other replies, I saw your first post & decided to stay mum as I didn’t agree with you, I also do that in the main on other threads if I have a strong opinion & on Facebook,I just scroll on by. I’ve read all the replies & I think some of the answers were direct & to the point but in no way did I take them as being rude otherwise I’d have said something. I feel it is sad that you felt the need to go out & about as you did, I imagine your hearing difficulties that you have talked about might have a bearing on this as I imagine telephone calls might be difficult for you & your family & friends? Do you have any one who would FaceTime or Skype you so that you get to ‘see’ someone f maybe read facial expressions?  Chin up I think a few more weeks & things might be lifted a bit, fingers crossed.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2020, 20:59 »
Probably what hurt was the fact that if I had said, I went to the PYO Farm Shop and bought a lettuce, cress, plums and a meal for my supper.  It would not have got the same re-action.  I had no intention of going into Asda, I have never been in there anyway.    The family plant place, was to see what their signs said about ordering and delivery.    .      I feel sorry for the PYO side of the business though.  It is very very large, and families go with picnics and make a day of it.    You get on the tractor and off you go.    Every so often it stops and the driver says, this stop for Broad Beans and Beetroots.    People get off and pickers get on with their trugs.     Next stop, potatoes, carrots  etc, You Don't have to take tools they are there, but some people take their own.     If you don't want to PYO just go into the farm shop and buy it.
I do feel very sorry for the owners, everything is growing and the sign normally says open for picking on about the 3rd week in May.  That probably won't happen now.   But the winter greens I bought were lovely.
Mrs Bouquet

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2020, 09:23 »
The fact is that some people are following the social distancing rules, but some are not and have not done from the start.

Where I work in the shop vulnerable people wander in during the day when it is busy and mix with others, families and friends come together with their kids as one big gang and people bustle right up to you, no matter how much you try and step back from them.  It is going to be quite shocking for people to see when they start venturing out.  I'm not enjoying it at all.  The same people come every day and flout the rules in some cases.  I have now been verbally assaulted twice by people - not just the general moaning that you get every day, but proper full on shouting and screaming in my face.  I am not alone and almost all my colleagues have had the same treatment.

I know staying home is hard/boring/a big ask and of course mental health matters as much as physical well being, but I want to shake some of our customers (with gloved hands) and tell them what selfish wotsits they are.  I don't want to get ill or pass infection on thanks very much and what they are doing is not essential food shopping or done in any sensible way  >:(

Please any of you that are self isolating because you are at risk, do not get into a situation where you have no control over social distancing.  I think you were very sensible to give Asda a miss Mrs B.  Don't trust others to keep away from you and don't assume that people your own age must have been sensible about it all, so are safer than other age groups to be around. 

Sorry for the rant, but this key worker is just fed up and needed to vent.  Happy clapping is all well and good, but a bit of respect for me doing my job in the shop would be more to the point.  I do feel better for just saying it though  :)

jmc1949

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2020, 10:01 »
It is a very difficult situation for all concerned. I understand Mrs  Bouquet need to get out. I felt the same last weekend. I have a hubby on immunotherapy and is therefore shielding (I don't know how he will cope if he has to stay shielded until a vaccine if developed), ours sons lived abroad, we have no grandchildren, so my only company is my husband. Sometimes you just need to see another place.  I am also concerned that key workers such as New Shoot have to put up with abuse. They are all doing the best they can and I for one appreciate what they are doing. I am a retired nurse and I know how much abuse I got from the general public and that was without a pandemic. Its stressful for everyone at the present time.
Although, when my husband was told to shield himself I decided to shield myself to protect him, seven weeks later I do feel like I'm under house arrest. I did go to my allotment (which is allowed) but at 6.30 in the morning to avoid meeting anyone and will go again later this week, taking cleaning stuff with me. I just don't trust the other allotmenteers to be adhering to hygiene rules and self distancing and its sad that I feel that way about them as they are such lovely people. Keep safe. Jenny

mrs bouquet

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2020, 13:13 »
Thank you for considering my deafness, and also the fact that my family live near York.    I believe the children are being schooled by their Mum.     They are in worlds of their own up there.  It is a case of out of sight out of mind.     Fortunately my new neighbours are nice chatty people ( bless her, she is a bus driver).
We are not so much chatty as shouty these days.  It seems very strange to have people in my Mum's house.
He has 2 1960 ish Morris 1000, one is a Traveller and the other a Convertible.   They go all over Europe to special rallies, although not this year of course.  Overall, I am glad they are there.  (I knew them before they moved, they are Village people).

Sorry I have gone a bit off the topic, so I shall go now  :D  Mrs B

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2020, 13:25 »
  (I knew them before they moved, they are Village people).

Sorry I have gone a bit off the topic, so I shall go now  :D  Mrs B
We've never really stuck to the topic on these forums :)

And now I'll be singing YMCA all day :)
Village People.jpg

Growster...

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2020, 17:40 »
"I do feel better for just saying it though  :)"

Well said News, and here's your own special Clap from a grateful Growster...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0

(I'm the grey one right at the front...;0)

xx
Allotment hedges - rules

Started by robinahood on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post July 03, 2018, 18:45
by robinahood
xx
Pooh Sticks - they've changed the rules!

Started by DanielCoffey on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post August 18, 2019, 14:38
by mumofstig
xx
new driving rules [highway code]

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

22 Replies
Last post February 12, 2022, 18:16
by jezza
xx
Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

115 Replies
Last post May 30, 2021, 13:39
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 51 queries.