The little dog Timon we have here until better

• 62 Replies

Thrift

Re: The little dog Timon we have here until better
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2012, 16:37 »
Oh dear, Timon really seems to be Jim's dog now.  :D

It's good that he is healing so well, must be a healthy little chap. The vets bills are an ongoing problem when you have a number of animals and it's great that you have time to make key rings for fundraising - well, I'm sure you don't really have time but manage anyway.

I think I saw your lovely key rings on another thread and my impression was that they were ridiculously cheap.

I was chatting, on f/b whilst playing scrabble, to a girl in Johannesburg who currently has 38 cats!! They all came from the shanty towns and are half feral but she is gradually taming and rehoming some of them. People do marvellous work all over the world. Brilliant!

Oliveview

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2012, 21:07 »
They cost me about 20c to make, so not too much.  My sister said I am selling them too cheap, but I  would rather sell them and raise the money than have them hanging about. 
I am going to make shopping bags next-I have bought some cheapish material- I hope to sell the bags for about 5€- they will get stitched when the weather cools as I sit outside on the patio to stitch.

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2012, 09:55 »
Timón is healing well, he is going to have to go back to the refuge though, as lovely as he is, 4 dogs is too much for our house.  His bad wound is almost better, another week or two and he can go back.  He is due to have a 2nd  jab on 11th Spetember, so I guess it will be anytime after that. 

Pamela

maxyboo

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2012, 15:28 »
It's a shame you can't keep him but it means room for another foster dog when the next one comes along needing TLC. I understand how hard it is as I hand rear and foster/tame feral kittens and have been in tears when I return them. You really can't keep them all though. You should be proud of yourselves for what you have done for him though, he has done so well.

Oliveview

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2012, 17:58 »
I think he knows his time might soon be up here, he is being so well behaved  :lol:

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2012, 09:59 »
Timón gave a big yelp this morning, he was playing outside, his wound is looking a bit red and ´wet´ this morning, we think he got it yanked  :ohmy:  I am sure it is so he can stay here longer  :lol: :lol:
At the moment it is 60%-40%  that he stays here!   Although he got one of the keyrings I made out of the box this morning- luckily hubby found it before it got chewed, so anymore of that sort of behaviour he goes back  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2012, 21:42 »
I was back helping at the refuge this evening, another new dog, maybe two are there.  The BIG problem is the bitches were kept apart from the dogs- except two if not three of the bitches are pregnant- some of the dogs were able to jump the gate :ohmy:
I think I will have to start fundraising for the dogs to be castrated, the bitches cost too much sadly!
One of the small dogs decided he was not going away for the night- in the end we had to chase him around the field, so I didn´t get home until 10pm!  So a late tea tonight!

Pamela

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2012, 22:21 »
Oh dear  :ohmy:

Just think of the exercise chasing that final doggy though ;) :lol:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Oliveview

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2012, 10:21 »
I was at the refuge last night, 2 dogs are pregnant!!  They had kept the dogs apart, but a  couple of dogs managed to jump the gate!! 

Pamela

Thrift

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2012, 16:51 »
Oh No!! That's all you need. It's so difficult that funds don't stretch to speying the bitches. Lets hope they don't produce too many pups.  :(

Oliveview

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2012, 18:13 »
One of the dogs was pregnant when she arrived they think now, not one of our dogs!  She is a darling of a dog, I will try to post a photo when I can get a nice one of her.

Pamela

Diddy Gardener

• Experienced Member
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2012, 13:48 »
How is the lovely Timon? Still with you?
Lucky Mother of 2 dogs, 2 cats (RiP Sherlock) and 4 chickens (welcome Brenda and Harriet)

Thrift

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2012, 10:23 »
I've been wondering about Timon too ........

Oliveview

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2012, 21:06 »
He is still here- being ´fostered´ is the name of the game- but I think it will be forever- unless he eats any more of my sewing threads.  Tonight he ate the dolls head of the rag doll I am making to raise funds for the refuge- I gave him a stern talking to, he then went indoors and stole a sewing thread (crochet cotton type) so he didn´t listen to me!

Timón and Lola 

He gives such ´old fashioned´ looks out of the side of his eyes, he likes to cuddle up when he sits right next to us- his wounds have all healed up now, just a small pink scar. 

Pamela

Trillium

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2012, 21:52 »
 :lol: Sorry I shouldn't laugh but Timon is such sweety. He also sounds fairly young to keep stealing those things. Perhaps in time he'll get too lazy to bother.

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 35 queries.