Deosect or frontline SPRAY has anyone used these i need advice!!!!

• 5 Replies

Pixieswift

• Experienced Member
Hi everyone, my chooks have lice i have treated the 3 that don't mind being handled but there is no way of doing my Barnavelder it is  far to traumatic for her she hate's it...Some one recommended that i could use front line SPRAY as an alternative to the pipits as i can just squirt it on her when she is next to me (sounds to good to be true)...
I spoke to the vet and they have this in stock, but she also recommended DEOSECT which works in the same way but would need to be ordered in especially at a much higher price. Can anyone help me decide i need it asap as Barnevelder will need to be done bless her so if anyone has used the frontline on chooks please advise...
Also is there egg withdrawl many thanks x

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
I use frontline spray - part thee feathers on their back between the shoulder blades and give a quick squirt. If she doesn't like being handled then do this whilst she is sleepy.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Pixieswift

• Experienced Member
Hi there thanks for your response, the problem i have with her is she will never let anyone get near and she is always alert even when she is supposed to be sleepy then she fly's around the house like a mad girl distressing the other girls IMPOSSIBLE TO CATCH it's starting to really annoy me i feel terrible saying that but she has nothing to fear im trying to help her, all my other girls sit on my knee and love a cuddle so i feel it unfair to them that she wont let me give her any treatment. which is why i thought frontline SPRAY i doubt very much i could part her feathers as as soon as she thinks im going near her she is off like road runner, someone said you can just squirt it on there bum, i would be able to get a quick squirt on her neck, back or bum withoput touching her as i will wait until she is feeding i have to sit very still for sometimes up to an hour until she gets used to me being there so i thought i could do it this way do you think it would work still...Im at my wits end with her. >:(

bantam novice

Have you tried catching her when when she is perching at night and half asleep?  :)
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

Pixieswift

• Experienced Member
None of mine perch they sleep in there nest box have done since i got them at 18 weeks, i have another girl who has just had chicks i will be putting them straight on the perch when they are old enough...
I have tried everything to catch her she gets so stressed i should have took it as a warning when my supplier couldnt catch her...
Just back from vets with Frontline SPRAY £30 where should i squirt her and do you know if it works many thanks. :(

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
yes it works, part the feathers on her back between her shoulder blades and just give her a quick squirt. If she is that difficult it may take two of you to do this - one to grab and hold and the other to part the feathers and spray.

xx
Frontline spray

Started by Anndee on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 21, 2012, 19:22
by Anndee
xx
Frontline spray and eggs

Started by Beano on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 25, 2011, 09:06
by Beano
xx
Frontline spray/pipette

Started by Helenaj on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 22, 2013, 14:09
by madcat
xx
Broody Hen- frontline spray? Feed pellets?

Started by mohs.ayaz on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 04, 2012, 10:46
by mohs.ayaz

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 29 queries.