worming

• 16 Replies

Rhiannon

• Experienced Member
Re: worming
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 08:46 »
I confess to the first time i used Flubenvet my little problem with numbers came to the fore and i used pounds and not kilograms which means i effectivly doubled the dose   :ohmy: I did not realise i had done this till i dosed again and realised that the quanitity of food i used was much more per measure .

Needless to say all the birds were fine , thank heavens. I also remember giving a very large pill to a cat once a long time ago and thinking how impractical it was as i shoved it down the poor animals throat , when i then came to do the dogs mysteriously these pills were very small , i am hopeing its not that experience that made the cat throw itself under a car a few months later .

So not only does that prove that you have a bit of leeway it also proves how blooming incompetant i am . Panacur i wont use on dogs as some breeders have had adverse reactions with very young pups  .

So to cut to the chase my choice will be to do the food saturation method , but at the correct dosage , since that first time ive been very careful .

Reason i ever used VermX was i belive it was a possibility it might help skin problems and i have an A-Topic doggy and i had hoped for soem sort of improvement in as much as i might be able to leave the Prenisolone alone  8)as i had read reports saying it helped . It didnt  :lol:

Again thank you  :)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: worming
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 22:41 »
1  Although the chx body will smooth out the dosage the concentration in the intestines will still fluctuate and the wormer works by starving the worms.  Cestodes (flatworms) feed on the partly digested food in the intestines and I'm concerned that being exposed to untreated feed interspersed with heavily treated feed on a short cycle will enable them to survive.  Aunt Sally is happy this won't happen.

Cestodes (tapeworms) are not very common in our poultry, they are more likely to have Nematodes (roundworms). My tame medical and veterinary parasitologist tells me the way I treat them is fine so that's OK for me :)

xx
worming

Started by redjane11 on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post June 28, 2007, 22:26
by redjane11
question
Worming?????

Started by Topscaff on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post December 29, 2013, 08:49
by ghost61
xx
Worming

Started by Bantymad on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post August 31, 2010, 06:40
by Bantymad
xx
Worming

Started by Fiona55 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 21, 2012, 16:38
by Fiona55

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 28 queries.