Cold frame

• 17 Replies

Benandbill

Re: Cold frame
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 07:41 »
I've got a couple of nice panes of glass and a few old kitchen cupboard shelves.  It will be a good exercise for me building cold frames out of it all one day.  The main problems I foresee with this is that the wood is not the same width and length as the glass although not far off, and also that  I would want the glass top to be on a slightly downward slope so the side pieces would need to be sawed at a angle...  Tricky!  :unsure:

Paul Plots

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 15:26 »
I've got a couple of nice panes of glass and a few old kitchen cupboard shelves.  It will be a good exercise for me building cold frames out of it all one day.  The main problems I foresee with this is that the wood is not the same width and length as the glass although not far off, and also that  I would want the glass top to be on a slightly downward slope so the side pieces would need to be sawed at a angle...  Tricky!  :unsure:

Yep....but once you've worked it all out and it's ready for action just think how proud you'll be of it and it'll cost you next to nothing apart from a bit of your time  ;)

Good luck!
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 17:55 »

I know of no other sawing technique; nothing tricky about it!  :tongue2:  :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
Best cold frame

Started by Salmo on Design and Construction

10 Replies
Last post March 03, 2011, 15:56
by noshed
xx
Cold Frame

Started by derekmc on Design and Construction

1 Replies
Last post March 24, 2016, 17:17
by Plotmaster
xx
Cold frame

Started by Matthew Gayles on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post January 07, 2012, 12:53
by Kleftiwallah
xx
A cold frame.

Started by Little Flower on Design and Construction

0 Replies
Last post April 14, 2023, 22:30
by Little Flower

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 33 queries.