hard pus in eye!!!

• 2 Replies

tamnwill

hard pus in eye!!!
« on: April 01, 2010, 09:27 »
My chook has had in total 15 days of baytril and eye antibiotic too but the slightly swollen tear duck ( between nostril and eye on her face) is still there!!! Anyone had this problem with theirs please? Have rung the vet and they are ringing me back when they have thought about it. Just wondered if anyone had any pearls of wisdom and had experienced this prob  :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:51 by Ice »

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: hard puss in eye!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 09:45 »
Now I am no expert when it comes to the anatomy of the chicken eye but I assume it will  be very similar to that of ours which I am of greater knowledge, this sounds like a blocked nasolacrimal duct, in adults it would normaly require surgery to unblock. It would be best for the vets to have a look as it could cause infection if not sorted.

Edit: I could be a million miles away here, but having googled 'blocked nasolacrimal duct in poultry' it seems to of thrown up eyeworm as a possiblility, this causes irritation and conjunctivitis type symptons. Lets hope the vets can sort it for you.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:58 by Aidy »
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

tamnwill

Re: hard pus in eye!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 15:09 »
OK, i have booked her in, earliest is next Thursday, they said they would put her under/try and flush out the eye and send a swab off.....................around 90 pounds  :blink:

xx
Egg shell so hard, very hard to break

Started by stujem on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post October 26, 2010, 13:15
by hillfooter
xx
Trying Very Hard

Started by Vember on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 13, 2008, 14:56
by agapanthus
xx
Pictures - Hard to look at

Started by Viv on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post June 02, 2007, 10:17
by dawninspain
xx
Hard crop not going down

Started by carolbriar on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post October 17, 2010, 13:56
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 34 queries.