new coop and run

• 9 Replies

cheshirecat

new coop and run
« on: December 19, 2009, 17:42 »
Hi there, Im after some advice, again.  I am looking to replace my present coop and run.  The coop is too small and the covered run is not high enough, its only 5 ft high and im 5'6" and its back breaking cleaning out!  I know you are all keen on diy, but im hopeless at it and dont have a lot of time.  My very kind mother has promised me some cash to improve my setup.  Can anyone recommend someone who makes good quality runs and coops.     Many thanks and a happy Christmas to you all!  :)
Max.

beulah59

• Experienced Member
    • Hen Keeper
Re: new coop and run
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 08:10 »
I'm using a fruit cage for a run ... reinforced with wire clipped round the sides. Easy to construct (with two people). The ark is inside the run, which is 4x4m.
two daughters, nine hens, two goldfish, three cats ...

compostqueen

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 11:47 »
there is someone on the Omlet forum that makes them and puts them up. Not cheap though. I copied a design, gave it to my local shed builder for him to make and erect for me. Lovely it is too  :)  I put my Eglu inside this.  Have a look on the Omlet website at the pics

Forhsam Cottage arks are brill but they cost but it depends what you want. Our local farmer sells those and he has some that he's selling off much cheaper as he is only going to stock the larger ones. You may have someone round you selling them. Worth a look as they are lovely

Flowerpower136

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 11:33 »
Someone on here posted a link to a brilliant coop constructor, but I can't find the post.  They were hand made and designed by someone who obviously knew chickens, and good value, and cheap delivery.  Can you tell I was impressed :tongue2:

Who was it posted the link? I can't remember, lets hope they read this.

Bonniebean

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 16:36 »
Hi Flowerpower, I posted one about my Doodlehouse but it may not be what you are thinking of. Sue

ehs284

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 17:15 »
You don't need an expert to build it; just knowledge from experts. Look around, talk to people and collect pictures and dimensions then get a local carpenter or builder to make it for you. That way you'll get exactly what you want and can discuss materials and options to keep costs down and allow for expansion.

raeburg

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 18:40 »
These look superb, have spoken to the chap, seems really knowledgable.
http://www.foxanimalhouses.co.uk/index.htm

cheshirecat

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 19:30 »
Hi there, thanks to you all for your ideas and suggestions.  Have looked at the website mentioned and they certainly look good.  Would just need a bit of tweaking here and there.  Ive also found a company in Cheshire similar to the guys on the website and have contacted him, seems very helpful.  Will let you know how I get on.  Happy Christmas everyone  :)

batcatz

cheshirecat

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 22:06 »
Hi, no, its a company called Gardenwoodcraft.co.uk.  The contact name is Steve Barber.  I am going to speak to him again early new year and hopefully he will be able to make what I want. :)

xx
Does anyone have this coop?

Started by Willow_Warren on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post October 27, 2012, 11:33
by Willow_Warren
xx
New Coop

Started by thechicken on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 31, 2012, 08:30
by Sassy
xx
Which coop?

Started by Mulberry1990 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post February 25, 2011, 10:42
by Vecten
xx
Got my coop - what next?

Started by gsc on The Hen House

25 Replies
Last post May 23, 2010, 11:50
by Craig69

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 36 queries.