strange or not

• 11 Replies

meterman

• Experienced Member
strange or not
« on: June 28, 2009, 22:45 »
Today my 18 week old CL cockerel started to cluck to his sisters, it sounds just like my older girls just b4  and after they lay does this mean anything or am i rosey at straws as i am expecting to wait another 6+ weeks b4 they lay.

Vember

Re: strange or not
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 22:52 »
Was there food near to him? Or had he found a tasty grub?

Cockerels do cluck in order to get the girls attention when they find something nice :)
When they all get a bit older you will notice that the girls will run to him when he clucks then fight over what ever it is he's found :)

Sarah :D

meterman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 23:19 »
There was no food available other than layers also whenever treats or bugs are on offer the girls gang up and push him out so when he gets anything he always wolfs it down any other time he is boss

wildwitchy

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 23:24 »
Perhaps he's asserting his authority on the flock & had found a grub or something.
Its very sweet when they do that. He makes like a bok bok noise. Mine picks the tasty object up, drops it, picks it up & repeats untill the girls come to get it.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 07:54 »
Perhaps he's asserting his authority on the flock & had found a grub or something.
Its very sweet when they do that. He makes like a bok bok noise. Mine picks the tasty object up, drops it, picks it up & repeats untill the girls come to get it.
oh bless, cant wait till I get my rooster in a couple of weeks  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

Big Jen

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 11:22 »
One of my little Belgian boys brings things to me! It could be a bit of bread that I have just thrown to them or a worm he has found. He runs over rosey and drops it for me :nowink: If I give it him back he will then eat it. Very sweet :D

Jenny
There are three signs of old age. The first is your loss of memory, the other two I forget.

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 11:31 »
My Buff Orp makes a 'hooble' (try saying "hooble-hooble-hooble" and that's what it sounds like) sound when he spys a nice treat for his girls! 

Fifitrix

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 13:02 »
It's a weird world out there - my friends buff orpington GIRL having laid for a year has stopped laying and started crowing.   :unsure:

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 13:05 »
I've heard of that happening, fifi.  it's caused by the ovaries becomming damaged and the hen stops producing as much eostrogen (sp?) and sort of goes through a 'change'.

they call hens that do that a 'hinny' up here.  which is also a term of endearment and I heard that it also meant a cow, so make of that what you will!

wildwitchy

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 13:14 »
blimey-hope i dont start crowing, i tend to do alot of other strange hormonal things.........

Vember

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 13:26 »
blimey-hope i dont start crowing, i tend to do alot of other strange hormonal things.........

You'll be ok Ww, you'll just start making goosey noises, nearly as loud but only when a seagull flies overhead or a visitor arrives :lol:

Sarah :D

wildwitchy

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 13:46 »
Oooh dear - I'm not keen on seagulls or strange visitors  :lol:. Definatly be sticking my neck out then.

xx
strange egg

Started by GARRY on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 12, 2009, 23:11
by GARRY
xx
Strange

Started by yellowpenguin on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 01, 2011, 13:45
by yellowpenguin
xx
strange looking egg

Started by nic n dave on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post December 13, 2011, 19:01
by tstainesmoore
xx
Strange egg

Started by Evansent on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 24, 2009, 18:13
by Evansent

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 35 queries.