Article In Practical Poultry: Has anyone tried Garvo feed?

• 7 Replies

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
There's an article in the June PP about a feed supplier in Holland called Garvo...

I'll leave you to read the article for yourselves, but I wondered if anyone had used this feed yet and if so, what did you think of it?

Foxy

Its very good stuff,but a bit hard to get hold off :)

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
 :blink: cant help but just remembered i forgot to pick my copy up on friday!?? :dry:
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terrijane

I have just read the article with interest and would like to try Garvo but no stockists in my area. could someone let me know the price approx please just out of interest.

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
I think that's why they posted the fella's email addy so that you get in touch before making the decision to buy or not...

Considering they said in the article that the feed was more expensive than 'regular' feed and I pay about £6.50 per 25kg bag for non-fancy stuff I reckon you'd be paying around £10 per bag, but offset that with the claim that as it's better absorbed by the birds digestive system therefore they don't eat as much and it might work out OK

Kate and her Ducks

Curious, what was the gist of the article. They stock this at the feed store not so far from me and wondering if it was a good thing.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
It was basically an article which should perhaps have had *advertisement* at the top as there didn't seem to be an opposing view on it and was entirely in favour of the feed, but I got the impression that it would be wise to try it but I wanted some 'real world' feedback first!

In the article it did say that if you (or rather your chooks) don't like it they will refund you the difference of what you would have paid for your regular feed, so I suppose there's nothing to lose?

Kate and her Ducks

Think they said it was £9.50 in the store and the Smallholder duck pellets they are on is £9.10 so not much to lose! Might give it a go!

xx
Practical Poultry

Started by kizza on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 04, 2007, 21:38
by richyrich7
xx
Practical Poultry Mag December

Started by Tensing on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 06, 2006, 23:11
by John
xx
PRACTICAL POULTRY mag forum

Started by kattcottrell on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post June 06, 2008, 01:51
by agapanthus
xx
The Poultry Site article: Pet Chickens Pay a High Price

Started by SnooziSuzi on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post October 20, 2008, 15:33
by Foxy

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 34 queries.