Mantis Tiller

• 5 Replies

Faz

• Experienced Member
Mantis Tiller
« on: April 23, 2009, 14:14 »
I recently picked up a Mantis Tiller for £40, which seemed a bargain even though it was listed as a non-runner.  :)

With a little bit of tweaking with of the high and low idle screws (thanks to whoever put the thread up at the top of this section regarding setting up 2 stroke engines!!) and it is running, although still pretty rough.

When i finally got it started though it nearly chopped my legs off, because someone in the past has fitted the handles back to front so the tiller made a dash towards me! Two bolts and the handle is now the right way round.  ::) :blink: ::)

Through looking at the pictures in the manual it appears that the engine is on back to front too, but that seems like a simple job to swap over as well.

I can't wait to have enough time to get it running properly so that I can give my beds a good going over - I've got some stuff waiting to be planted out :)

shaun

Re: Mantis Tiller
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 16:09 »
you wont be dissapointed they are a brilliant little machine
bit confused about the engine on back to front  :wacko: is the fuel tank nearest the handles ? it can only sit on the worm gear one way,
check the fuel line to the carb is in good order and not got a kink in it also on the end in the fuel tank is the filter,pull that out and give it a once over they tend to clog up,good luck
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

Faz

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 20:52 »
The fuel tank sits on the front of the engine now, which is a pain as it is difficult to pull the cord and hold the handle as it now faces the other way!

The pipes aren't kinked and seem in good order, but I will give the filter a quick check too - thanks for the tip.

I'll hopefully have the chance to take the engine off and see what's happened, it definitely doesn't look like the one on the front of the manual.

shaun

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 20:59 »
the carb adjustments are very very fine,still not sure on the engine wrong way bit a pic would realy help

Faz

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 21:03 »
Hopefully I'll get the chance over the weekend for a picture and bung it up here. Cheers for your help.  :)

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 06:38 »
Faz if you need some practice with it let me know hahahaha hope all goes well and you get it sorted. 
Thanks
Kris

xx
Mantis tiller / Stihl multi-tool tiller/cultivator

Started by Turkey Jane on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post August 12, 2008, 12:10
by Percy
xx
merry tiller and mantis tiller - compare/contrast?

Started by mushroom on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post July 17, 2007, 05:17
by Gwiz
xx
mantis tiller

Started by Fluff on Equipment Shed

24 Replies
Last post October 18, 2007, 21:48
by shaun
xx
mantis tiller

Started by beansticks on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post February 07, 2007, 07:52
by beansticks

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 34 queries.