Washing Lines

• 7 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Washing Lines
« on: October 17, 2023, 11:58 »
The steel core washing line (here when I moved in) is very thin and comes off the pulleys. I don't want to replace it with the same type/size as it obviously doesn't work well.
Which type and thickness of line works best for you, plastic/rope/steel core? (don't tell me to change to rotary as I don't like them  ::))

mrs bouquet

Re: Washing Lines
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 16:20 »
I have rotary but thats 'cause of the space available.  I don't really care what it is as long as the washing dries.
Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

wighty

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 17:53 »
We sell steel core washing lines in various lengths.  Sun is the problem and 'degrades' the plastic coating.  We also sell the line to 're-wire your rotary' for the same reason.   They're not very expensive so stick to similar to what's there already.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 21:23 »
I just have the nylon long line, but it does stretch easily so I end up winding it round the pole!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 09:26 »
I just wondered if there was a thicker brand that wouldn't slip off the pulleys and get trapped... Looks like I'll have to get Stig to visit the boat chandlers, there's one near him, to get some thicker cord that is strong enough.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2023, 11:11 »
I’ve always used a retractable line (in a cassette)  It’s never given me any problems.  Keeps the line clean too.  :D

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2023, 11:23 »
I just wondered if there was a thicker brand that wouldn't slip off the pulleys and get trapped... Looks like I'll have to get Stig to visit the boat chandlers, there's one near him, to get some thicker cord that is strong enough.
I should leave boat chandlers well alone!  There is a saying " Sailing is standing under a cold shower tearing up £20:00 notes.  Anything to do with that sport/hobby is pricey.  I should look for a local hardware store instead.  Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

wighty

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2023, 17:08 »
You can get braided wire which is what we had when I was growing up.  I imagine you'd have to get that from an agricultural type supplier.  Basically, it's several thin strands twisted together to make a thicker one. As far as I know this is what is used inside the standard plastic, steel cored line, but as I've never dissected a line to find out, I'm not sure. :D

xx
New washing machine

Started by GraciesGran on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post March 21, 2024, 16:29
by jaydig
xx
Washing machine instructions

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post November 18, 2020, 12:57
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 44 queries.