When did they change that ?

• 7 Replies

Lardman

When did they change that ?
« on: July 05, 2023, 21:27 »
I just spent 5 minutes looking for the top off the a new 4 pint whole milk container after making a coffee, couldn't find it anywhere. Decided to give up and put it away, only to notice the other unopened container looked exactly the same. They have changed the tops from blue to transparent white, you can hardly seem them when they're on and I'd already put it back on.  :nowink: I assume this is for some sort of recycling reason with the blue plastic being bad somehow, but I am not impressed. How are home who have different milks supposed to tell the difference now?

It wasn't broken and didn't need to be fixed. Change makes me grumpy.  :mad:

Goosegirl

Re: When did they change that ?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 10:02 »
Not sure of the reason but it happened a while ago. You need to look at the label on the milk container to see what colour it is and, as they are displayed front forwards, it should be ok to spot. I don't like change either BTW!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 13:26 »
I never have milk due to allergies.  But, I do notice that each time I re-order meds they come in different boxes and the tablets are different colours.  I find this very annoying and further more, down right dangerous for some people.  I get really angry at change as well.  Mrs B
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jezza

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 16:42 »
I recently had to buy some new 5litre or thought  plastic fuel containers (old one necks had split ) thought they wer 5 litres ,filled them could only get 4 litres in them ,assistant in garage couldnt work it out ,I rang manufacturers ,,,wait for it  new legislation only a allowed maximum of 20 litres in 5 cans so made cans with thicker walls,I said but 20 litres in 4  5 litre cans is easier to transport and 5 litres easier to mix 2 stroke,got a lecture on 2 stroke machinery is outlawed (2 stroke Victa mowers coming back into use by me)also said need a training course on how to mix hazardous products together,I gave him my COSHH  LEPRAC HSE Legislation details then told the guy very politely where to shove his advice   jezza

wighty

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 17:41 »
Health and  Safety is getting sillier and sillier.  We are now selling ratchet type straps quicker than we can buy them in as H &S have decreed that if you have a holiday home, a water b utt has to be strapped to the wall with one of them in case 'they' 'trip' and grab hold of it to steady themselves and pull it over and injure themselves.  What a load of tosh.  \We don't mind the business mind you.

jaydig

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 18:00 »
I never have milk due to allergies.  But, I do notice that each time I re-order meds they come in different boxes and the tablets are different colours.  I find this very annoying and further more, down right dangerous for some people.  I get really angry at change as well.  Mrs B

Not only that, Mrs B, the meds can also have a totally different name too.  The number of times I needed to look up various meds for my poor husband top make sure that they were what he should be having. The other thing I found with meds is that the chemist will dispense them monthly for you if they are repeat prescriptions, but most one month supplies are only for 28 days, and there are thirty days in four of our months, thirty one in the rest all but one.  This means that you either end up with too much of some drugs and not enough of others. We went back to calling for prescriptions as and when needed to avoid waste, especially as my husband's medications were frequently changed.

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023, 20:02 »
Yes it’s a recycling issue with the clear plastic milk bottle tops, the labels have on what milk it is in the container (in quite large letters) & they’re sticking to the colour labels. Personally I don’t mind, if it enables more recycling that can only be good
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2023, 06:35 »
I used to drill a hole in the tops and screw them down on the top of a cane in the garden, to stop poking my eyes out...

The green ones were nicer though!

xx
Lifestyle change

Started by davethespread on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post November 11, 2023, 08:41
by Goosegirl
xx
Selling houses and a change in the Law

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

17 Replies
Last post June 13, 2018, 19:55
by grinling
xx
Time to change the time

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post October 28, 2019, 17:47
by Growster...

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 40 queries.