LIDL seed range.

• 5 Replies

Rob the rake

LIDL seed range.
« on: April 10, 2022, 02:17 »
From 29p a pack, their value seems too good to be true. Buy 5 packs from this price range for a quid! The 49p packs are 5 for two quid!

Been using their seeds for a few years and I can't fault them. The Golden Eye yellow beet is beautiful, sweet and flavoursome and will stand all winter long with a bit of protection from four-legged bandits. I forget the name of their F1 Calabrese, but it's quick-growing, has big primary heads and throws out loads of side-shoots after cutting the main head. 60 seeds to a pack, too, which makes it 1/16th of the price compared to F1 varieties from the likes of Fothergill's, T&M, Unwin's and so on. A speculative late sowing stood all through the winter and headed up at the beginning of March. Their cukes are pretty good, too, and I hardly need to remind you how expensive hybrid cucumber seed is these days. Foolish not to, even if it's only on a trial basis alongside your usual favourites.

I'm trialling their Uchiki Kuri winter squash this time round; a cultivar which seems to be held in high regard by many, and at 49p it's not going to break the bank, either. Jalapeno seeds for the same money seemed too good to miss, too.

Is anyone else growing their stuff?

A calloused palm and dirty fingernails precede a Green Thumb.

cc

Re: LIDL seed range.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 10:37 »
Thanks on the odd occasion I go in there I will look them up.
I doubt they are the same value as premier seeds but that's based on cost per seed. I don't often need the amount premier seeds sends you. Ludicrous amounts. I have to knock on people's doors to see if I can find someone to take them.

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 07:18 »
I've bought their seed and it's been good

Only problem with my local Lidl is the seed sell very quickly and like so many of their offers/specials doesn't get restocked

Clactonite

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 10:56 »
I agree with CC that the price per seed is most likely greater, but I like Wilko's for the same reason as GraciesGran states.  They sell reasonable sized packets of seed.  One example is Amsterdam Forcing Carrot.  Wilko's 800 seeds for £2, Thompson and Morgan, 1,500 seeds for £3 (plus postage of course).  Who is going to need 1,500 carrots?  Or have the space for them?

steven c

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 13:24 »
similar at the Range pound per seed packet get one free veg and flowers
from bow like to grow

cc

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 13:32 »
I agree with CC that the price per seed is most likely greater, but I like Wilko's for the same reason as GraciesGran states.  They sell reasonable sized packets of seed.  One example is Amsterdam Forcing Carrot.  Wilko's 800 seeds for £2, Thompson and Morgan, 1,500 seeds for £3 (plus postage of course).  Who is going to need 1,500 carrots?  Or have the space for them?
premier seeds:-
"3.5 Gram per pack ~ approx 4200 seeds" for Amsterdam forcing carrots.
9 grm packs 99p plus postage 89p!!

xx
Long Range gardening

Started by polly nator on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 12, 2008, 21:42
by gobs
xx
LIDL compost

Started by jambop on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 05, 2019, 13:39
by Vagabond
xx
Seeds from Lidl

Started by JimG on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post March 06, 2008, 20:43
by Oliveview
xx
Lidl seeds

Started by green fingers on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post April 11, 2010, 19:18
by beanqueen

Page created in 0.363 seconds with 42 queries.