Accident claim

• 2 Replies

jezza

Accident claim
« on: February 04, 2021, 10:48 »
Hello I've just had a call from a company in Edinburgh saying that the had been instructed to sort my accident claim for the accident I had 3 hours ago,i said if you have a cheque deduct your fees and send it ,the girl said it would be nice but not allowed till the claim was processed,she said i had a broken leg, a broken pelvis and was in a coma i asked how come i was talking to her if i was in a coma o flip she said and slammed phone down   jezza

OurAllotment

• Our Allotment Blog
Re: Accident claim
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 11:15 »
There seems to be a big increase in scams.

Higher than usual amount of texts being sent that your direct debit has been cancelled and use the link / number to sort it out. Companies would not do that so PLEASE don't reply.

This is something we have had a lot of lately, automated calls telling us that AMAZON prime account, you will be charged £79 if not press 2 and speak to an accounts manager. Obviously just hang up.

Emails telling me that a payment hasn't gone through for TV license, funnily enough waste of time sending them to me, as our lass pays, but even then, delete, you can with mail servers delete and block, do NOT open them either, as with this a lot is in the header. I never win anything I haven't entered, and if you truly do get refunds they will chase you. (I did get a bank refund they sent a few letters and was confirmed when I went to the bank, I didn't just send information)

If at any point you do get confused and wonder could it be my supplier then contact them on a number which you have got for them on paperwork you hold or from a main website you know is for them. 150 is the main normally for mobiles. Mobile companies don't help themselves by messaging you from time to time but it is best to respond by calling from numbers you know for them.

On the matter of calling people back, if you have just had a call from something which you don't know, whether it be silent/automated or human. Call yourself from a mobile to ensure the line is cleared, as there have been instances where folks call you, don't clear the line and when you call out to who you believe to be the company you want to check all is okay, you are not calling the company but talking to the person who tried to dupe you. Rare but it does happen.

Finally, don't get upset when calling companies and they are doing data protection, we are trying to protect your data and information. You knowing your name, address and date of birth is not enough these days, I try to make light of it by saying all your friends and family know this otherwise you wouldn't get birthday cards, but in seriousness it is true, questions are more in depth, so please don't get angry with the person trying to protect you, this is NOT done to stop you from leaving, as for when I sell stuff I have to do a lot more in depth credit checks and questions, but even when you leave you have to ensure it is you who wants to leave.

Remember things like mobile phone numbers access all sorts of accounts not just your communication, so we have to check it is you asking to move your number away. Which means security.

The funniest thing is, and we get this a lot, being told I will cancel my direct debit and that will end the contract. If only it was this easy to get rid of all my bills. Be patient, keep calm and you will be helped. Just one last bit of advice, if you move, get married or change something, let all the companies know, there might be a lot of Big Brother out there but they really need to know, It doesn't just correct itself.

Keep calm, don't rant and be sceptical. should do you well in these strange days.

Goosegirl

Re: Accident claim
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 15:56 »
Yeah, had a couple of recorded voice phone calls this last week telling me my BT account will be cut off and to press whatever number they said. OH is now savvy enough to tell me when this kind of thing happens and when he did I told him it was a scam.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

clip
Can I claim a prise ?

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post September 17, 2022, 18:23
by Growster...
xx
Car Accident - I am in fear

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post May 27, 2023, 11:16
by Cazzb
xx
Silly Painful Accident

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post April 16, 2023, 07:07
by jezza

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 31 queries.