I am getting fed up with some tennis players

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

I am getting fed up with some tennis players
« on: July 09, 2018, 19:33 »
One of the ladies has declared she cried because she missed her childs first steps.  Well nobody asked Mummy to play tennis now.  Many mums miss loads because they have to go back to work.  This lady doesn't.
and
One of the seeded men, is fed-up, because he is not being shown the respect he deserves.  Twice he has had to play evening matches .    Perhaps they are all getting paid too much nowadays.

But I did watch frenchman MonFils paying S.african Anderson,  what a fantastic match.  Mrs Bouquet

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 19:36 by mrs bouquet »
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: I am getting fed up with some tennis players
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 20:25 »
Yes some of them definitely have the diva mentality  :nowink:
Wonder how they'd manage in the real world?  ::)

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 21:28 »
Oooo. I’m so glad I’m not the only one who thinks like that. I do not like the attitude of these two who obviously think they deserve better than everyone else. In fact I refuse to watch them.

al78

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 00:00 »
Are you trying to dehumanise the female tennis player, saying she shouldn't be upset about missing her childs first steps, trying to deny her emotions?

I can imagine isuch a situation would be upsetting for a woman. The fact that many others have to juggle home life and work is irrelevant. Do you actually know anything about this womans life and the choices she has to make, rather than trivialise her profession as "mummy playing tennis".  ::)

It annoys me when people get so judgemental about others they know nothing about. As the saying goes, don't judge someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 00:46 »
C'mon Al78 - lighten up :) Drink plenty of water and wear a hat in the sun, you'll be much less confrontational how you express your opinions.

The point is many of us have to make sacrifices just to put bread on the table but we accept that as we don't or didn't have a choice and we don't make a big deal of it because that's the way life is. Most of those tennis players make more for a single match than most of us make in a year. Of course they have to spend a lot of time training to compete but would you rather spend your day playing tennis or running around an Amazon warehouse packing goods or what have you.

Personally I avoid nearly all sport - I couldn't care less who wins Wimbledon or the football. 

Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 07:05 »
C'mon Al78 - lighten up :) Drink plenty of water and wear a hat in the sun, you'll be much less confrontational how you express your opinions.

The point is many of us have to make sacrifices just to put bread on the table but we accept that as we don't or didn't have a choice and we don't make a big deal of it because that's the way life is. Most of those tennis players make more for a single match than most of us make in a year. Of course they have to spend a lot of time training to compete but would you rather spend your day playing tennis or running around an Amazon warehouse packing goods or what have you.

Personally I avoid nearly all sport - I couldn't care less who wins Wimbledon or the football

I think that’s the crux of this matter some people view sport as just that sport, whereas to others & obviously those who play & the huge money making industry it has become, it is far more than that.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 14:33 »
I rarely watch female tennis players as in the past some couldn't hit the ball without screeching. I prefer watching the men but not as much as the imminent footie match tonight. Normally footie passes me by, but when a British team gets into the quarter finals I suddenly get rather involved.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 10:06 »
As I said above I'm not a football fan but we found ourselves watching the extra-time last night. So near, yet so far. It would have been nice to have won.

compostqueen

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 12:31 »
The tennis was fantastic yesterday!  I was hooked!  I watched two men’s matches which were top draw!  Edge of the seat stuff and hugely entertaining     Women’s tennis is wonderful, and I think Serena is just awesome 
These players are at the top of the tree and stay there because of their hard work, grit and determination, oh and killer instinct.

I think that came through in the footy last night as well 😃.   

Then there’s the cycling. It’s a wonder I ever get anything done 😁

xx
Anyone for Tennis?

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post July 04, 2018, 12:15
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 45 queries.