Blender / food processor recommendations.

• 10 Replies

Kate and her Ducks

Blender / food processor recommendations.
« on: October 07, 2013, 18:39 »
My old blender has finally packed up and I am looking for recommendations for a replacement.  So what do people have? What's good and what should I avoid?
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Trillium

Re: Blender / food processor recommendations.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 19:47 »
I have the Kitchen Aid food processor and so far it's been great. I have some attachments for it that I use more often so don't need any extended set. It wouldn't do a good blending job since the opening of the shaft area of the bowl is shallow and liquids would splash out.  I recently did about 20 lbs of kraut and I finished in less than 10 minutes.

For blending smoothies and such I adore the Magic Bullet. If I didn't already have the Kitchen Aid processor I might try the magic bullet processing system.

VegGirl7

• Experienced Member
    • allotmentforaginghomebrewadventures
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 21:13 »
We've had the Kenwood Multi Pro for a few years now and have no complaints. 

It comes with lots of attachments and the 'power' unit isn't too big.  I use it for all sorts from grinding coffee and spices to making pastry and blitzing apples ready for the homebrew 'pot', OH uses it for mayo (I prefer to use the kitchenaid mixer) and has used it for blending soups with good results but we have a stick blender too which is less of a faff...

Mrs Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 21:30 »
I have the magimix food processor which I use continually for liquidising, shredding, slicing, chopping and pastry. A brilliant piece of kit.

I wouldn't use it for cakes, or dough tho'.
But I too use a stick blender for soup which is less of a faff and less washing up too.

Sparkyrog

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 22:00 »
I agree with the stick blender saves a lot of faff ! But wouldn't be without my chef  :) Kenwood that is lol
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 22:01 by sparkyrog »
I cook therefore I grow

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 17:57 »
I have a Kenwood Multipro (bought 3 weeks ago) with 27 functions I think! :wacko:
Wouldn't be without it :D

My previous blender effectively caught fire while I was soup blending so it's time for a new one when your kitchen is full of smoke! ::)

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 18:48 »
I use my Kenwood chef for bread, cakes and liquidising a lot, stick blender and chopper for small amounts, and a small kenwood processor occasionally for chopping and slicing....unless the slicing is not worth dirtying it then I use the mandolin. Then there is the hand mixer for small cakes...oh dear, how complicated. :ohmy:

Not any help I'm afraid.. :(

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 19:19 »
Do any of these do juice extraction?

Mrs G's blender is on the way out, and I was looking at juicers only today, as I think they can do apples, which would be a must for me...

So, if one or more of the machines mentioned above don't take up much room, and can cope with both processes, then we'd be delighted to hear about them - it!

Thanks for posting the question, Kate, I was going to do the same in about an hour's time!

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 20:05 »
Yes thanks Kate. I was going to do a forum search. I have had an old Kenwood but it died a couple of years ago,so I favour another one but hubby says the Kitchen Aid is a better built machine, all metal parts etc. But it doesn't seem to come with as many attachments & I really would like a liquidiser goblet. I have a stick blender & also a hand mixer-Krups I think,that I've had 31 years this Christmas so it's probably not going to last much longer.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

snowdrops

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 08:15 »
Well yesterday I took the plunge & ordered a new Kenwood from here
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/11609/KMC010-Kenwood-Chef-Titanium,I'd being looking on & off for a year or so,it's reduced by £120,there's an offer to send or a free extra bowl & if there's also an offer from Lakeland that if you spend over £50 you get £50 of wine free paying £4.99 postage,although I didn't see that when I ordered so have emailed them asking if I can have that retrospectively. Just need to wait for it to be delivered,they hadn't got one at our local store. I'm very excited. I can finally throw away the bread maker that we only use to mix & prove in.

snowdrops

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 08:17 »
Do any of these do juice extraction?

Mrs G's blender is on the way out, and I was looking at juicers only today, as I think they can do apples, which would be a must for me...

So, if one or more of the machines mentioned above don't take up much room, and can cope with both processes, then we'd be delighted to hear about them - it!

Thanks for posting the question, Kate, I was going to do the same in about an hour's time!

Check out the Kenwood site but I'm sure there is a juicing attachment to the Kenwoods

xx
Stick blender recommendations?

Started by shokkyy on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

11 Replies
Last post January 08, 2014, 19:29
by Yorkie
xx
Food processor

Started by Rangerkris on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

8 Replies
Last post May 22, 2012, 19:02
by Mrs Bee
xx
Food processor

Started by Lulu on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

32 Replies
Last post April 25, 2011, 09:50
by Swing Swang
xx
jam kit recommendations

Started by dmg on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

11 Replies
Last post September 09, 2013, 19:42
by Madame Cholet

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 35 queries.