Well fancy that!

• 4 Replies

Elvira

• Experienced Member
  • Doodles just doing what they do best...
Well fancy that!
« on: April 22, 2013, 13:43 »
Just been out to mix up Flubenvet with pellets for the girls (that time of year again) and could have sworn there was a 7 day egg withdrawl.  Having read the instructions again, just seen that there isn't!  :D 
Am particularly pleased as all three girls are currently firing on all cylinders and producing eggs! This is a bit of a rarity as being silkies at least one tends to be broody/not laying.  I wonder if the "disappearance" of lovely Napoleon has made them think that they need to earn their place in the coop?!
They are currently having their last free range round the garden and will shortly have their last treat of mealworms before the week of austerity begins (the condemned chicken...)  :(
I have my ear plugs at the ready as last time they were wormed they complained loudly  :mad:  and went on hunger strike for 3 solid days at being shut in the run...

bravemurphy

Re: Well fancy that!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 14:23 »
hehehe mine do the same with the noise they don't half have a go at me when I walk past gona put my earphones in next time me thinks.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 18:29 »
I think you must have read about the seven day withdrawal for meat birds when treating with flubenvet.  Good luck with your fussy girls, I am sure they will let you know they aren't happy.   :lol:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Elvira

• Experienced Member
  • Doodles just doing what they do best...
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 13:24 »
Complaints have been constant for the last 2 days (very loud!!) but in spite of this the three of them have got through one and a half kg of treated pellets in 2 days!  :ohmy:  They must be doing the complaining/eating in shifts to get through that amount!
This is amazing as normally one and a half kg has lasted 5 of them for a week (free ranging and greens and meal worms also supplied!)
I have had to mix more pellets up today so it will be interesting to see how long this lasts! But at least they will be well and truly wormed by the end of the week! and they are all still laying which is great  :D

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 13:41 »
If they are not freeranging and having treats (which is needed when worming) they will eat much more pellets.  Plus the days are longer now so more feeding time for them to get in peak condition for the 'season of love'.   :blush:

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 35 queries.