Strimmers

• 4 Replies

Jellyhead

Strimmers
« on: May 17, 2008, 09:51 »
Hi, I am normally found purely in the Poultry shed so I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place. Anyway, I need some advice please re strimmers. We are looking for a fairly heavy duty petrol strimmer. We have quite a lot of land and I want something (if possible) fairly lightweight. We have access over here (SW France) to Stihl, Echo, Honda, Viking, McCulloch Worms and Tanaka.
I would really like to get the Stihl FS100 but 1) its a bit heavy and 2) we cant afford it :( so what would you lot recommend please :D
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Strimmers
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 14:52 »
Hi Jellyhead have you considered a scythe rather than a strimmer ? they are reputed to be able to cut faster than a strimmer and they are quieter.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

shaun

Strimmers
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 15:59 »
save up and get the stihl you wont regret it  :wink:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

Jellyhead

Strimmers
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 18:55 »
Quote from: "richyrich7"
Hi Jellyhead have you considered a scythe rather than a strimmer ? they are reputed to be able to cut faster than a strimmer and they are quieter.

:shock:  :shock: no can do I'm afraid, I intend to help hubby with the strimming but have a frozen shoulder. I borrowed a Stihl strimmer the other day and although my arms ached the following day it for some reason didnt affect my shoulder 99% sure the quiter option would :(  :wink:

Gwiz

Strimmers
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 07:36 »
I use an Echo SRM360SL double handled brushcutter. Self mixing (two stroke) and a full double shouldered harness (made by sthil) because of back problems. Fantastic machine, will work all day, every day! :D

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 36 queries.