Rotavators

• 65 Replies

beansticks

Rotavators
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2008, 07:58 »
Hi S N,the honda fg110 has a digging depth of around 250mm(10")and a cutting width of 300mm(12").I have found it to be very efficient for my requirements.ps sorry for the delayed response.

Farmer Matty

Rotavators
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2008, 12:07 »
Well if you arent bothered about prices..haha....  Camon cultivators are just THE BEST!! But they will cost a bomb. I hire these and i can get them @ £40 a weekend. I would just hire them to be honest then it saves storage, repairs and al the kit i hire are relatively new etc etc. But they are basically indistructable, i have ploughed through fences etc etc and they just steam through and even hard clay isn't a chore (i didn't mean to go through the fence).

But if you wanting a piece of kit and dont want to pay a fortune, go for the mantis. There good but not fantastic if they are to be used on solid clay. I am thinking about taking a demo out.

sweet nasturtium

Rotavators
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2008, 13:53 »
Matty are you really a farmer?

Dominic

Rotavators
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2008, 12:22 »
Well, a review then

Assembly, nothing anyone with an adjustable spanner and a posidrive screwdriver should struggle with, 4 bolts, 4 nuts and 2 screws.

Its wet at the moment, and the area I'm doing still had a lot of grass in it, so after about 20 minutes, I gave up, it had clogged twice and cut out once in this time.
Not the fault of the machine, the conditions were just in no shape for it.

However, I did glean some useful information.

Didnt seem bothered by stones, pebbles bits of glass or childrens toys, they were just launched into the distance.
The area I'd dug was very "hilly", I'd dug out clumps and chucked em about more or less willy nilly before I gave up.
This levelled the area without any problems, which I assume is good.

I'm a little wary of its digging ability, I seemed intent on going forward and pretty much climbing everything, to get it to dig I had to drag it backwards, but it did seem to be doing its job.
I only mention this because the instructions, laughable as they were, said the opposite.
I'm going to give it another go this weekend, and I'll report back with any news.
We use chemicals in this garden, just as god intended

Dominic

Rotavators
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2008, 14:52 »
Update, again

I've had some more use of my new toy with the better weather, honestly, it was better on saturday, even if I was in danger of drowning trying to work on friday (yes, I planted in the tropical storm)

Anyway, update on the mowerland electric rotavator

It can not deal with big stones, it picks them up and jams them against the casing, and lacking any way of reversing, the only way to remove them is by unscrewing a blade thingy, or bashing the stone into smaller stones with a hammer and chisel.

Big stones being somewhere between a plum and an apple.

bigsprouts

• Experienced Member
Rotavators
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2008, 20:41 »
if i had that much cash i would go for a howard 350 or something like that :D  i have a merry tiller 3hp its good but hard to handle sometimes

xx
rotavators

Started by Bigbadfrankie on Equipment Shed

12 Replies
Last post March 21, 2009, 19:15
by Trillium
xx
rotavators.

Started by sam51 on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post March 20, 2016, 21:25
by Dopey113
xx
rotavators

Started by ianlincs on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post January 30, 2011, 20:44
by ianlincs
xx
rotavators

Started by cooperman on Equipment Shed

13 Replies
Last post December 13, 2007, 15:48
by cooperman

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 35 queries.