Rotavators advice please.

• 3 Replies

Nicki85

• Experienced Member
Rotavators advice please.
« on: October 03, 2013, 13:05 »
So, i'm considering purchasing a rotavator  :ohmy: now i've had my plot for a couple of years and removed the majority of the bind weed and cooch grass  ::)
My digging partner (my mum  :D ) is also having difficulty digging due to knee issues so this looks like a good way forward...

Anyhow, any recommendations?  Any brands or styles to avoid? 

If it helps the soil is full of flint with some clay and can be very claggy in places... in others it can be very silty ;) 

Price wise I guess we are looking at no more than £500 but £350 would be nice  :wub:

Lastly, having no idea how the mechanics of these things work i'm looking at new with a good guarantee/ warranty  :lol: Oh, and one that starts easily!!!!!

Bigbadfrankie

Re: Rotavators advice please.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 21:26 »
Get a honda even if its second hand. Get it serviced by honda if your not mechanical and it will last you for years
always have a target
and an objective.

jezza

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 23:15 »
hi depends on what type of rotavator you want ,rear tine with front wheels howerd, husqavarna, or engine over tine like the mount field manor ,hondas can be akward to use i find that they keep nose diving and dont keep a level finish my old merrytiller keeps at a constant 9inches deep leaving soil just needing a light rake to fill last run depth adjuster mark  jezza

SimonH

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 10:24 »
I have just changed my rotavator and bought an Ardisam earthquake 800.  It is an American made machine with the latest B & S 6.5hp engine.  It is absolutely brilliant.  It cost a shade under £500 .  It has a good depth bar and also it is (I think) the only one in its class where you can alter the width of digging by removing some of the tines.
This gives good width for normal digging and a narrow width for going between rows, particularly between the potato rows prior to earthing up.    Can't rate it highly enough.

Simon

xx
Advice on rotavators please

Started by RichardA on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post October 19, 2009, 15:04
by RichardA
xx
Rotavators

Started by sweet nasturtium on Equipment Shed

65 Replies
Last post March 02, 2008, 20:41
by bigsprouts
xx
rotavators.

Started by sam51 on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post March 20, 2016, 21:25
by Dopey113
xx
rotavators

Started by cooperman on Equipment Shed

13 Replies
Last post December 13, 2007, 15:48
by cooperman

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 38 queries.