laugh or cry .... you decide.

• 45 Replies

Lardman

laugh or cry .... you decide.
« on: September 18, 2018, 16:47 »
Still ongoing problems with ML's local council, so I asked why the complaints procedure wasn't being followed ... as you do.

This is a small quote of the response I have received; can someone with a fresh pair of eye confirm he just said what I think he said  :ohmy: and I'm not misreading it, NB from what I can gather he is the team leader not a work experience placement.

I would advise you that these procedures are currently under review and so may not be followed fully depending on the circumstances of each case. As stated the whole procedures are under review and in hindsight it may have been more appropriate to remove these from our website while this review was on going to prevent areas of confusion such as arisen in your case. Currently when cases are received the Complaints Team, in conjunction with relevant professionals, examine the issues being raised and make a decision as to whether the case needs to be removed from the complaints process

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: laugh or cry .... you decide.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 17:08 »
Well, it reads to me as if the complaints team itself, plus a few other non-specified professionals, can decide if a complaint is to be investigated or not - which can't be right, surely?  :ohmy:

jaydig

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 17:15 »
I would have thought that until the "procedures" have been fully reviewed and, perhaps, rewritten, the existing complaints procedure should be adhered to.  I agree with MoS, that it doesn't seem appropriate that meanwhile, the investigation, or not, of any complaints should be up to the whims of non-specific individuals.
Time to go over the Council's head, I would think.

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 17:25 »
Not just me then  :nowink:  I just couldn't believe my eyes and I'm running out of heads to go over.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 17:49 »
That cannot be right surely.  All complaints must be investigated, not decided by a person who appears to have no  connection with what your individual complaint might be.     Haven't we heard this type of thing going on before, sometimes with serious consequences. 
Definitely time to find some bigger heads to address to.  Shout it to your MP, Newspapers, local TV, in fact anybody who will listen on your behalf.  -  Good luck, let us know.   regards  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

madcat

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 17:56 »
Not just me then  :nowink:  I just couldn't believe my eyes and I'm running out of heads to go over.

Have you tried the Director for Adult Services at the Council?
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

jaydig

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 18:14 »
You could go over the council's head by making a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman (lgo.org.uk)
They deal with complaints about local councils, adult social care providers and providers of public services. You can do it online if you want to.

Lardman

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 18:39 »
My right to complain and the procedures the council are required to follow are statutory rights - I don't want to be that person who quotes them, nobody wants to be that person

I would have expected the complaints department to know their legal obligations when dealing with a complaint, I should have put the reply was from a complaints department manager not a run of the mill social worker.

The lgo will ask if I have been through the complaints procedure before they get involved, you have to let the system fail to complain about it  :nowink: 

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 21:49 »
Lardman - the reply you received is no doubt 'compliant' in every contemporary sense (in other words it's not a meaningful reply at all.)
Hopefully the person responsible is still just about capable of delivering a human response if gently pushed - get back to him, thank him for his reply, then ask him respectfully ::) what his department is intending to actually DO about the issue.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

chrissie B

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 09:16 »
youhave more of this , i hand all paper work to hubby he understands that kind of stuff .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 15:27 »
Er??? My first impression is that the way he has written this is as muddled as the system itself. In my opinion, until the revised procedures are in place the current ones are still in force and should be followed to the letter. I think the Complaints Team et al are hoping you'll eventually give up, but you're not going to are you and nor should you!!!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

robinahood

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 17:03 »
Absolutely what you said, this person's role is to deal with complaints. Irrespective of what action is taken in the end, the simple fact that you contacted them makes this a complaint! That response was... I want to use a sweat word here...... Don't give up,  take it higher.

Lardman

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 19:00 »
Hopefully the person responsible is still just about capable of delivering a human response if gently pushed

I've been gently pushing now for 6 weeks, I'm afraid it's time I introduced the complaints department's (sorry Care and Quality Team's) rear end to my size 12.  :D

I think the Complaints Team et al are hoping you'll eventually give up....

That was my reading of the situation too, especially as every week they delay things costs me the best part of £500  :mad:  -I feel someone should warn them,  I make Sisyphus look like a part-timer  ::)

Goosegirl

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 14:40 »
HOW *********** MUCH PER WEEK??? Now I don't know whether to laugh or cry as the whole thing is totally insane. You keep pushing that stone up the hill but you really need others who have more "pull" so to say to give you a hand. Reminds me of the film "Ice cold in Alex" but a lot more difficult. Have you tried your MP? Yeah, not a lot of help from me but it's all I can think of at the moment.

Lardman

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 20:34 »
Just in case anyone thought I'd given up  ::) I've been applying a little more pressure to the complaint department since my last post, which has generated the following....

the team leader who started and managed the package for [Mother Lard] left [Useless Company] at the start of August and therefore we are unable to take specific action against her

It came with another 12 pages of the usual excuses and platitudes but that's the long and short of it.  "Respondeat superior" lost on this lot by the looks, onward and upwards with my stone  :D

xx
Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 19:23
by Christine
xx
Read this tale of woe, for a laugh.

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post March 03, 2024, 08:49
by Goosegirl
xx
I know there have been PO strikes, but this did make me laugh!

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 08, 2022, 12:32
by rowlandwells
xx
The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!

Started by davethespread on Chatting on the Plot

4196 Replies
Last post May 05, 2023, 19:10
by Subversive_plot

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 52 queries.