Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

• 11 Replies

Goosegirl

Deliveries? You're having a laugh!
« on: December 22, 2017, 15:37 »
I ordered yet another cat flap from Amazdonia (see another topic) and was e-mailed to say "it had been successfully delivered today via your letterbox" which I thought rather strange, given the fact I'd been in all day, seen no delivery van here and most of all, I very much doubt a cat flap (even without its box contained within an Amazonia cardboard package) would fit through any normal letterbox. Went on the Chat on-line (as you do) and posted all the relevant info and their responses were as follows:
1) How can I help you? (I've just given you the info so you should know why but I'll re-type it)
2) It has been delivered today (er- then why am I contacting you to say it hasn't?)
3) It was put through your letter box (it's a CAT FLAP not a flipping Christmas card)
The next response is absolutely priceless!!!
4) Have you checked your letter box?
Strangely enough when I was wondering which planet inhabitant I was trying (albeit rather unsuccessfully) to communicate with, I heard the door go and my parcel arrived. Someone's been a bit previous delivery-wise don't you think!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

Re: Deliveries? You're having a laugh!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 16:59 »
I don't think we're expecting anything now...

The sad news about Toys r Us possibly going pop is all down to firms like Amazon, but isn't it a darn sight easier buying children's presents at the click of a mouse, rather than spending two soggy hours in Tunbridge Wells, beating off the germs, the anxious faces and the cold...

greenjay

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 21:14 »
some delivery firms are hopeless.
we live in the countryside and often they claim to have tried  to deliver but no one in.
trouble is they are suppose to leave a card.
they cant do that if they ain't been here.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 14:19 »
I don't think we're expecting anything now...

The sad news about Toys r Us possibly going pop is all down to firms like Amazon, but isn't it a darn sight easier buying children's presents at the click of a mouse, rather than spending two soggy hours in Tunbridge Wells, beating off the germs, the anxious faces and the cold...
It sure is especially if you hate shopping for presents at this time like me. Not that I mean Santa's going to deliver me on his sleigh and leave me on your door step, but I always look for birthday and Christmas presents during the year, and it saves a lot of faffing about at the last moment.

DanielCoffey

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 20:04 »
We're a bit rural too and had a few issues with a specific courier when we had just moved into the area. Several times we paid for "Named Day" delivery on some large items. We would duly get the "Out for Delivery" notification then, at about the same time of day on each run got the "Sorry but your delivery is delayed - nobody at premises to accept your package".

After the third time, we queried it with the management, they retrieved the GPS tracking information from the van and found he had never been anywhere near us. Busted!

As far as I figure, they probably get a fixed time to make each delivery. Being rural, they didn't manage to make it within their allotted time so simply "skipped" us and marked as "nobody in".

jaydig

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 09:54 »
We have just bought a small freezer for our son's Christmas gift from ao.com. This is just one of several items purchased from them over time, and I must say that their price is usually, though not always, the best, and their delivery service is second to none.
A delivery day is confirmed at point of purchase, and on the day an email is sent confirming morning or afternoon delivery. Then, at intervals throughout the day, the time of delivery is amended with the "between" times being amended accordingly. They even provide a little map showing where the van is. Yesterday, just as I was checking before signing off my computer, I had an email saying "We are on our way to you", and as I looked out of the window their delivery guys arrived. Quick, cheerful and efficient delivery by them. Why can't they all do this?

madcat

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 09:59 »
I have a good story too about Christmas deliveries.

I ordered a washer for my mum from Tesco,  and when Whirlpool rang to arrange delivery they offered me Saturday before Christmas without extra charge (result!) and heard my plea about it not being too early (it takes mum an hour to get moving in the morning ... imagine a 7am delivery!!). It is a difficult house to get to, so I said "call as you get close and I will meet you and show you the way" not actually expecting the message to get to the drivers.  So they told us the evening before it would be between 1 and 4pm - great

They turned up early - before 12 - which was good for us but could have been v annoying for some - called for the last stage, were as sweet as pie, even moved the old one outside which they weren't booked to do. 
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

snowdrops

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 20:28 »
I’m still waiting for the mattress arrive from Groupon that I ordered with 7 day delivery on the 13th Dec. When I contacted groupon, as the tracking of the order had stalled on 14 th Dec. I was told that the last date for delivery was 22nd Dec. & to let them know if it didn’t arrive,I emailed straight back to ask if anyone would be working after that. Sure enough they would they replied.i contacted them 23rd & 24th & got a reply on 26th, that it could take 10 days to deal with my enquiry. Frustrated or what, I’d wanted the mattress for our daughter who was staying Christmas Eve & night, just as well I’d got a single bed available.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 12:37 »
Sounds like a breach of contract to me. I'd chase it up with someone in charge.

snowdrops

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 13:06 »
It arrived this morning, groupon had been in contact a few times to say they were looking into it & I got another one this morning to say ring the delivery firm,but by the time I saw that one it had arrived. I’ve now sent a strongly worded email, saying I think some compensation is in order

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 15:38 »
My washing machine finally packed up on 21st December, with daughter arriving for 4 night stay with 6 month old!!!! Ordered new one from Currys on 22nd. New washing machine delivered free of charge the next day at 1.30 PM. Old one taken away at a cost of £20 (didn't mind as I didn't want it hanging around over the holiday!)
Delighted Plotmother.

Christine

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2017, 19:23 »
It used to be a bit more chaotic when I lived down sarf on the edge of Cambridge. But up here things are a lot more reliable. Unless the weather holds things up. I suspect we have a better Royal Mail sorting office for one thing. And at present a good local DPD driver.

xx
seed deliveries

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post January 14, 2021, 21:25
by Tenhens
xx
Deliveries, post and parcels etc.

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post March 25, 2020, 21:01
by Growster...
xx
laugh or cry .... you decide.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

45 Replies
Last post January 16, 2019, 13:26
by Goosegirl
xx
I know there have been PO strikes, but this did make me laugh!

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 08, 2022, 12:32
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 46 queries.