What I did on the plot today 2019

• 143 Replies

Missey

Re: What I did on the plot today 2019
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 17:27 »
Getting very restless but just too wet here to do much.  So stayed on my paths turned over my edges and cleared the couch (have to say very pleased with the results now after doing it about 5 times  :D).   

Planted 3 lavenders and planted the red & blackcurrent cuttings - they'd been in a pot and had started rooting and some healthy shoots forming so fingers crossed.

Missey

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 19:31 »
Just got back from a night time plot visit to drop off the trays of onion seedlings into the polytunnel. Was treated with utter contempt by the cat that was sat on my compost heap.

goose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2019, 15:26 »
spend a lovely day with Mr Goose on the plot.

harvested the last of the leeks.  strimmed the paths, weeded all of the beds and planted some garlic/onion/shallot sets and some broad beans.

ive just sown some artichokes (never grown them before), so they are tucked up in the back bedroom keeping warm. :D

snowdrops

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2019, 16:53 »
2 trips there today with Mr S to carry over the panels of mesh for the new Chicken run & fix it together.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Flowertot

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 16:31 »
Some weeding (the weather is so mild, the weeds are already growing) and tidying up. Cut back the autumn raspberry canes.

annieanne49

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2019, 22:01 »
Planted my elephant garlic, normal garlic, shallots and onion sets that I should have planted in Autumn. I struggle with my breathing so took me 5 hours to dig, rake and plant but it was an achievement.  Really pleased with myself.

lettice

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2019, 09:03 »
This week made a new small raised bed, to be used for turnips mostly.
Emptied out the greenhouse, cleaned it in and out with a little soap and water. It is now gleaming.
Cleaned all the greenhouse shelving and redug and mixed in some new and homemade compost to the raised beds in there ready for the tomatoes and cucumbers later this year.
Have sown some broad bean after soaking them indoors for a few days.

snowdrops

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2019, 09:11 »
This week has been mainly working on the Chicken palace, nearly there now just the roof on the house & pen to complete, oh & a bit more painting. Also collecting a fair few wheelbarrows of wood chippings the council have dropped off(first time in the 14 years I’ve been there)

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2019, 09:57 »
Dug up the last of the parsnips yesterday and did a bit of weeding.

Missey

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2019, 20:19 »
Two fabulous days spent in my happy place.  Planted out my garlic; turned over the area where lavenders had been planted - couch was so thick and never ending but I'm winning.  Father in law kindly donated some concrete slabs so repoistioned the water butt and laid slabs for a standing platform in front of water butt & redcurrent bush.  Started to prune plum tree before someone lost an eye!  Dont think I've ever been this organised and tidy at this time of the year.  My year off definitely worked wonders.

Missey

snowdrops

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2019, 03:33 »
Yesterday, finished off the palace roof & the hen house, gave the house another coat of paint, managed to tidy up a bit. Need to give everywhere a good hoeing over & tidy up some more.

Offwego

• Experienced Member
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2019, 12:55 »
Emptied 3 compost bins onto area I'm going to grow my no dig main crop potatoes mixed with 4 barrowfulls of well rotted manure
Topped off bed 1 now that the 4" of seaweed has rotted now topped with 3 inches home made compost ready for no dig early potatoes and runner beans
Took down 3 old compost bins and put them on the site bonfire
A busy few hours

Debz

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2019, 12:13 »
Dug in a couple bags on hen house waste, lifted the last of the potatoes and leeks.  While we were there, the children were offered a raised bed each at the entrance to our site.  We've only got a half plot so we were flattered to be considered and the children (aged 5 and 9) are planning the combination of flowers and veg they want to grow.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2019, 16:05 »
Took the first grass clippings of the year to the compost heap and then planted out the sweetpeas that had overwintered in the polytunnel.

snowdrops

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2019, 16:12 »
Dug in a couple bags on hen house waste, lifted the last of the potatoes and leeks.  While we were there, the children were offered a raised bed each at the entrance to our site.  We've only got a half plot so we were flattered to be considered and the children (aged 5 and 9) are planning the combination of flowers and veg they want to grow.

Oh how lovely for them, they must be thrilled, are they on someone’s plot or communal ones?

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
ate my first ever strawberry from my plot today!!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 09:00
by diggerjoe
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2011

Started by Paul Plots on Grow Your Own

2810 Replies
Last post January 01, 2012, 00:38
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.356 seconds with 54 queries.