Rabbits

• 5 Replies

jorj

Rabbits
« on: May 06, 2008, 23:58 »
I am new here, so hello everyone!
I absolutely hate rabbits, I've just planted a dozen plants grown from seed only to find a dozen leafless stumps. I have chicken wire around most of the land but they find their way in, no matter what I do. A man came around this evening who has an air rifle but he decided it was too dangerous to use the gun because of the proximity of the road. So I think I will be an Annie Oakley and have a go myself. I spend hours in the greenhouse sowing seeds, pricking out, potting on and on and on for what, just to give the rabbits their supper. Hellllllllllllllp  :(
Keep Ahaad

jack russell

Rabbits
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 01:13 »
hi there all i can suggest is that you check your boundary fencing as they are obviously getting in somewhere either mend the hole or attach a snare trap and have some waggit on the menu :wink:

and welome here bu the way we have a few from your neck of the woods but Northumberland is a big area.
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

grymalkyn

• Pea Green Boat
Rabbits
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 09:27 »
You may also hate cats but ... if you don't ... I recommend a couple of girls (queens). My two do an excellent job on the rabbit population and patrol the hedges - I live half a mile from any road in the middle of a farm. They eat their kills too so this cuts down on the cat food bill. and mine don't go for the birds ... having been seriously told not to *g*. Serously  ...

There's also a biodynamic pepper you can make that works, I've used it successfully but no need now with the cats.

kennykoala

blood and bone
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 19:36 »
g,day buy some b/bone fertilizer sprinkle round plants should stop rabbits,
g,day from d/under I love my vegie patch,

daz

• Experienced Member
Re: Rabbits
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 19:47 »
Quote from: "jorj"
A man came around this evening who has an air rifle but he decided it was too dangerous to use the gun because of the proximity of the road.   :(

sounds like the words of a really bad shot to me

get yourself a .22 and do some plinking in the garden till you can consistenly hit a target the size of a small tangerine then go and get some clean headshots and enjoy a nice rabbit stew

ive got the perfect system for shooting them in my garden - my landing window looks out on the garden so i switch on the flood light outside and fire away

once you get good and if your guns quiet enough u can sometimes take down more than 1 before they run off

Considera

Re: Rabbits
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 22:48 »
There's also a biodynamic pepper you can make that works, I've used it successfully but no need now with the cats.

I'd be interested in the details there grymalkyn

xx
rabbits

Started by parrots net on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post June 05, 2009, 08:56
by 8doubles
xx
Rabbits and flower beds

Started by thehir on General Gardening

18 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 22:20
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 39 queries.