AA Are you paying too much?

• 28 Replies

Trikidiki

Re: AA Are you paying too much?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 22:48 »
I had the same issue with AA many years ago, then they tried to restrict my call outs when I had a spate of problems with the car. They never attended that often as it was a heat intermittent problem which usually fixed before they arrived, never less than 1.5 hours.

I'm now with AutoAid and 'touch wood' haven't had to call them.

Re. The neanderthal. Even the AA use local breakdown companies when they haven't got cover, so chances are he'd have arrived even if you were with the AA.

Remember the AA is no longer the Association it used to be. It is a profit making company, out to screw every penny they can out of you.

spottymint

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 20:30 »
Hi

Must show this to the O/H, he had this a few years back.

His AA cover price shot up & he rang to check it out, they offered a cut in premiums. He didn't bite, told them he was going elsewhere.

Hey Presto ! They could do the old price  :)  He left never to go back, just goes to show they are willing to try in on.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 10:15 »
Going to drag this up again.

Had my RAC renewal this morning - nearly £168. A quick spin through their sign up form on t'inerweb came up with £132.

Phone call time - and they renewed it for £108.

Good result for me - but how many just stump up?
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 12:43 »
Hopefully many more people will question these things now we are all being squeezed for cash.  Always, always shop around when renewal time comes around for everything.
Cheese makes everything better.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 13:31 »
Going to drag this up again.

Had my RAC renewal this morning - nearly £168. A quick spin through their sign up form on t'inerweb came up with £132.

Phone call time - and they renewed it for £108.

Share your trick for getting through to them on the phone? I use them for my breakdown cover but can never get through on the phone to see how they could compete come car insurance renewal time.

::)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 13:35 »
Just lucky, I guess!

digalotty

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 22:20 »
i think i need to sort mine this year as i direct debit and it is creeping up big time >:(
when im with my 9yr old she's the sensible one

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 11:16 »
I'm on a roll!!!

Saved another £60+ by switching the motorhome insurance to Saga. They only want £139 full comp!  :ohmy:

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 21:51 »
Had a phone call from Saga, as I'd saved the quote to deal with later.

Offered a further £15 off if I took it out straight away. At £124 fully comp for a motorhome - of course I did!

May be worth even if you find a good deal, holding fire for a short while - you never know!

maxyboo

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 21:47 »
This thread has just saved us a load of cash. Our AA cover came through today at just over £44 a quarter. Thats £178 in a year. Saw this thread and looked online. The same cover for new members is £94 a year! The RAC is £99 for the same cover so if the AA won't give us a whopping discount we will be switching. I always change insurances now but it hadn't occured to me to check our breakdown cover. Thanks everyone :)

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 22:03 »
Tell them you are leaving and they will undercut even their online price for newbies to retain your custom.  Well that's what they did for me. :)

haggis@home

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011, 23:28 »
ehmmm ... hate to say this but i am a patrol for one of the breakdown lot , to sum up its better to swap cover every year between both . your worth more as a new customer every other year and you can take advantage of the offers that are on offer . please don't take this as a join this club or this one offer . but honestly loyalty means jack all in this day and age .
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 23:29 by haggis@home »

Nige2Plots

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 19:19 »
I have just had my renewal statement for the forthcoming year. It has gone up to £88.29 a quarter from £40.29 :ohmy: :ohmy: A grand total Of £160 a year more >:( >:( It is so annoying as I have only used them once in the last year because of a flat battery on the wife's car.
One phone call later, it's now £52.00. It's annoying. The silly thing is, I get free roadside cover on my car and I only keep the AA cover for all the other cars in the household!!!!!!

compostqueen

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 00:02 »
The AA renewed my cover automatically and I noticed it had gone up a lot from the year before and I never called them out, so I'm not impressed. They won't be renewing me automatically next year  >:(

I got my car insurance this year with Saga but I didn't get free AA cover

I rang the Post Office (my insurer at the time of renewal) to see if they could match Saga but they said they couldn't

xx
Seed Potato's. How much are you paying.

Started by Tenhens on Frugal Living

5 Replies
Last post January 22, 2017, 10:41
by jaydig

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 35 queries.