Which veg trial

• 2 Replies

rowlandwells

Which veg trial
« on: December 03, 2010, 20:47 »
in December's issue of Which Gardening they reported on a trials of several vegetables onion tomato and pak choi took my fancy
including  onion 'vision' Which reported that they where impressed that three-quarters of the bulbs were more 60mm in diameter nice round shape bulbs where very solid ::)

the tomato 'Losetto outdoor type this is a cherry variety there 'Losetto' produced an average of 690 cherry sized fruits weighing 4.4kg in total per plant they started fruiting early in the summer and the taste was sweet and pleasant :happy:

pak choi 'glacier' a British bread variety performed well in the trial they liked the contrast between the pure white stems and the darkgreen leaves it was slower to bolt than some varieties early sowing can produce small heads weighing 200g each with good solid heads
later so-wings harvested in September gave good solid heads weighing nearly500g :D

although there was other veg plants on trial these took my fancy and worth giving a try next year  ;) ;) ;)

Goosegirl

Re: Which veg trial
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 16:24 »
Thanks for that - but did they also mention the taste? That is my main consideration when growing veg.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

rowlandwells

Re: Which veg trial
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 19:07 »
 goosegirl they did only mentioned the 'Losetto' tomato as a sweet and pleasant  taste but none the others i named where commented on taste  :wub:

never mind I'll let you know when i harvest them next year as Which say there definitely worth a try nothing ventured nothing gained 'A' ;)

xx
PEA TRIAL

Started by DIGGER on Grow Your Own

39 Replies
Last post April 13, 2009, 20:50
by azubah
xx
Tomato watering trial

Started by Tenhens on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post February 24, 2015, 13:44
by Goosegirl
xx
Does anyone’s site use trial plots?

Started by Kim50 on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post September 09, 2012, 19:38
by Yorkie
xx
koralik tomatoes-trial seeds

Started by grenhouse on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post October 07, 2010, 18:34
by grenhouse

Page created in 0.36 seconds with 38 queries.