Koralik tomatoes

• 7 Replies

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Koralik tomatoes
« on: April 06, 2010, 20:50 »
I'm a bit fed up! :(Toby Buckland recommended Koralik tomatoes for growing outside, they are supposed to be blight resistant bush cherries. Well I sent away for seed at great expense and when they eventually came, planted them in the usual way and set them in the propogator with my others, Others came up like a jungle (didn't seem to be that many seeds!) but all I have from Koralik is one measley seedling out of ten!!!!!!!!!! >:( Hoping some might be late but it has already been a week. :(

Lardman

Re: Koralik tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 21:17 »
Only a week? Give them a chance  :D

I've tried other blight resistant varieties in the past - and to be honest they weren't worth the space..  let us know what these are like, if and when you get a harvest.

grenhouse

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 22:26 »
I got some of these free with an order from dt browns. I have had 6 out of 6 come up, however about a week and a half later than the black cherry they were in the propagator with. They seem to be growing at a much slower rate than the rest. Just give them a chance.

Steve

Jabberwock

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 06:31 »
I also received a free trial packet from DT Brown and sowed 6 on the 4th of March in a heated propagator, out of the 6 sown all germinated approx 7 days later than the other varieties sown at the same time and agree that they seem to grow at a much slower rate than my other toms.  Having said that they are healthy looking little plants so can only agree with the others and suggest you give them more time they just seem to be late developers compared to other varieties :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 09:09 »
I got some of these free with an order from dt browns. I have had 6 out of 6 come up, however about a week and a half later than the black cherry they were in the propagator with.

and the black cherries themselves are always slow starters for me, so the Koralik must be really slow. ....... I'll give them a bit longer then .
It's always good to know these little quirks of individual varieties..........I wish they would put more on info the packets ::)

tosca100

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 13:01 »
Only a week? Give them a chance  :D

I've tried other blight resistant varieties in the past - and to be honest they weren't worth the space..  let us know what these are like, if and when you get a harvest.

Sorry, wasn't clear there, it's a week since the lonely one came through!

Thanks everyone for your replies. :)

tosca100

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 16:22 »
Thanks everyone for your replies. The good news is the Lonely One has been joined by six pals, so a 70% germination. :D

Jabberwock

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 17:06 »
Great news Tosca :D
Mine are still teeny compared to some of my other varieties but as my Mum used to tell me "Good things come to those who wait", so let's hope these are worth it :)

xx
koralik tomatoes-trial seeds

Started by grenhouse on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post October 07, 2010, 18:34
by grenhouse
xx
Koralik - not so blight resistant tomatoes? Advice please

Started by Potterer on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post August 01, 2021, 12:20
by bobbyt
xx
tomatoes

Started by samk on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 04, 2009, 18:14
by Yorkie
xx
Tomatoes

Started by lizziemac on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 10, 2010, 22:17
by chrisjsmith

Page created in 0.424 seconds with 37 queries.