cordless strimmer

• 9 Replies

mandycharlie

• Experienced Member
    • Blossom and Sunshine
cordless strimmer
« on: April 16, 2008, 10:22 »
My hubby has a large petrol strimmer that is just too heavy for me to use.  (actually it frightens the living daylights out of me)

So I'd like, (just so that I can strim  the grass before it reaches 6ft and I always have to nag him),  a cordless strimmer.

What would you recommend, what should I look for, any bargains your aware of..

wighty

cordless strimmer
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 18:44 »
Draper Tools make a battery one which I use all the time, like you I can't use the petrol one or the leccy one, but the battery one I'm fine with.  I can't rememberthe price off hand though.  Can get stock number tomorrow if you want.

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
cordless strimmer
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 21:56 »
wighty how long do you get before the battery runs out and would it cope with a very rough over grown plot of couch n docks? I've been thinking about a cordless for a few weeks now...either that or a petrol strimmer/brush cutter but would prefer something I can handle myself

wighty

cordless strimmer
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 16:24 »
I've checked with himself and he says it would depend on what you are using it for.  It's not as powerful as a petrol one and my job is to do the edges of the grass paths with it.  We do use it to keep the nettles down which takes a bit longer and it runs out quicker then, but at the end of the day we just take it home and re-charge.  He uses the petrol one on the really thick stuff.

shaun

cordless strimmer
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 20:57 »
i wouldnt waste my money on a cordless strimmer,you would be better off in the long run to get a petrol one for around a £100 you will get a realy good one
have a look HERE if you choose the expandit ones then you can get all types of attachments including a little tiller  8)
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
cordless strimmer
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 21:30 »
ty wighty and thanks heaps for that link Shaun :D think I'm going to go with the ryobi expandit what sit macallit thingy and then save up me pennies for the tiller bit for it too :)

shaun

cordless strimmer
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 21:37 »
you wont regret it sweetypea,have a shop around i just googled that site,screwfix have some good deals  :wink:
the thing with cordless batteries after so many charges they become very lame and you get less and less power time out of them.and to replace the battery its sometimes cheaper just to go and buy a new tool cus the replacement batteries are quite expensive

commerlad

cordless strimmer
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 15:10 »
Just seen this offer on ryobi and if you dont want the pruner they sell for about 60 notes on EBAY so you get a cheap strimmer or a start towards the tiller.

http://www.ryobi-direct.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eryobi%2ddirect%2ecom%2f&WD=expand&PN=30cc_Petrol_Brush_Cutter_Special_Offer%2ehtml%23a182#a182

Sorry the link is so long,

By the way they are good i've got the strimmer, brushcutter, tiller, leaf blower, hedge cutter and pruner attachments for mine!
Sometimes I think laterally but then I have to get up!

wighty

cordless strimmer
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 19:02 »
I'm 5' tall, 9 stone  and I took it this was a question about what us ladies could manage, Oh is 6' 4" and 20 stone and has a lot more w eight behind him to weild tools, the Draper one is light and I manage to keep the grass down.

Bombers

cordless strimmer
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 11:42 »
Life begins... On the kitchen windowsill.

xx
Cordless strimmer

Started by snowdrops on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post June 14, 2018, 18:51
by snow white
xx
cordless strimmer

Started by Jo on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post May 30, 2007, 21:41
by pedro
xx
Robust cordless strimmer?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post June 16, 2021, 12:01
by New shoot
xx
Cordless strimmer advice please...

Started by Growster... on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post February 28, 2012, 20:32
by Ice

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 40 queries.