First Ever Brewday

• 32 Replies

Mrs Bee

Re: First Ever Brewday
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 10:23 »
Please may I have their address too Mr Growster. I have been toying with the idea of having go at cider.

I might be able to get Mr Bee interested again.
 :)

Snoop

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 14:21 »
you will need campden to stop the fermenting when racked.We are currently drinking elderade as we didn't.

I was given something similar but it was described as Elderflower Champagne. Delicious it was, too.

snowdrops

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 15:39 »
Well yesterday I finally got round to starting my first wine kit,Cabernet Sauvignon. This morning it's bubbling away well on the spare room window ledge.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Asherweef

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 07:42 »
I might be wrong but don't they need to be out of direct sunlight?

Still not posted my pics...!

snowdrops

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 08:45 »
Oh, I didn't know that,it's been bubbling away all week & is just beginning to slow down this morning.

pepsi100

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 09:01 »
Its where I put anything that I am making, regardless of colour, never had a problem

It bubbles more as the sun comes up and warms the room, dies back in the evenings
It's all about the journey, not the destination

Growster...

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 15:37 »

It's only because it might fade a bit, Asherweef, I never bothered about keeping it in the shade either!

Auntiemogs

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 20:46 »
If anyone likes rose, The Range do a 30 bottle kit for just over £20 (needs 3.5Kg sugar).  It clears extremely well and tastes just like a Gallo Grenache... :tongue2:
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Asherweef

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 18:40 »

It's only because it might fade a bit, Asherweef, I never bothered about keeping it in the shade either!

Ahh Okay :)

snowdrops

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 18:56 »
Just an update, my wine has now finished. I added all the various sachets as instructed, just a day late as I was out all day on Saturday. I'm now waiting for Campden tablets to sterilise my used wine bottles & should have them tomorrow so will rack it & bottle all being well. I didn't think an extra 24 hours clearing would matter  :unsure:

Growster...

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 19:46 »
Just an update, my wine has now finished. I added all the various sachets as instructed, just a day late as I was out all day on Saturday. I'm now waiting for Campden tablets to sterilise my used wine bottles & should have them tomorrow so will rack it & bottle all being well. I didn't think an extra 24 hours clearing would matter  :unsure:

Don't worry too much about timing, Snows, it'll be all the better for a few hours - or days longer!

We just use 4 pint milk bottles to rack into from a five gallon fermenter, then we leave them for a few days and even then there's maybe a tiny bit of residue, so I sometimes rack a second time - depends how thirsty we are! It takes just a couple of minutes, and makes a difference if the wine is about two weeks old!

Hope it all turns out good for you!

;0)

snowdrops

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 20:41 »
The kit came with 2 buckets & says to rack from 1 bucket to the other, the if clear into the bottles. I'm not sure when it will be drinkable.it says you can drink it almost straight away. Can that be right?

Growster...

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 05:40 »
The kit came with 2 buckets & says to rack from 1 bucket to the other, the if clear into the bottles. I'm not sure when it will be drinkable.it says you can drink it almost straight away. Can that be right?

Probably is right, Snows! Did you use finings, because they can drop everything out in a day sometimes!

Why not taste some from the top - I would!

;0)

snowdrops

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 07:18 »
Yes it came with 3 sachets of finings, each one added an hour after the other, then wait 24 hours for it to clear,then rack. That should have been yesterday,but the bottles weren't ready & I've got a bug so I kept away from it

Growster...

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2015, 17:20 »
Yes it came with 3 sachets of finings, each one added an hour after the other, then wait 24 hours for it to clear,then rack. That should have been yesterday,but the bottles weren't ready & I've got a bug so I kept away from it

Hope you feel better soon, Snows! By the time you do, get racking!

;0)

xx
Brewday

Started by Asherweef on Homebrew

2 Replies
Last post October 03, 2015, 08:35
by Asherweef

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 38 queries.