Dumbest chicken names...

• 33 Replies

chasechicken

• Experienced Member
Dumbest chicken names...
« on: November 22, 2010, 17:25 »
Just wondering if the rest of you have the same need/urge to name your hens ridiculous things that I do...

Felicity
Charity
Cynthia
Suzy
Dandelion
Hyacinth

And our latest addition, Peachy Puff!  (Puffy for short).

Oh, and the ducks are called Clarissa, Beatrice and currently un-named but probably Duffy.

Let me know your silliest names!

Mulberry1990

• Experienced Member
Re: Dumbest chicken names...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 17:33 »
I have three chickens called: Prada, Alessi and Mulberry =D and the Quail are called... Gucci, Chanel, Sisley, Dolce, Gabana and Tiffany!
4 Dogs: Stanley, Oscar, Borris and Scraps, 8 chickens: Prada, Mulberry, Alessi, Apple, Dior, Bobbi, Eve and Fendi, 2 Guinea Pigs: Rupert and Milo, 3 Rabbits: Louis, Daisy and Charlie 2 Fish: Sandy and Pebbles, 6 Quail

CluckyChicken

• Experienced Member
    • Georgina's Araucanas
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 17:35 »
well I have a Clucky, Salt, Pepper, Sweet and Sour-these are probably my wierdest.  I'm sure someone else had wierder though!
CC x
Lavender Araucanas, SS Hamburgs, White Wyandottes and Italian Quail

chasechicken

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 17:43 »
I like them!  Sensing a theme there with both of you!

compostqueen

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 17:46 »
I was going to name mine Peggy, Billie and Dinah but my son got there first and gave them regular names Bunty, Babs and Ginger. Borrrrrring  :nowink:

Foghorn-Leghorn

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 18:43 »
I have Poulet Noir (little black Silkie who we still don't know if it's a boy or a girl)  :blush:
"The chicken came first—God would look silly sitting on an egg."

— Author Unknown

Catsmuvva

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 18:46 »
My Speckled Sussex were called Splish & Splosh, they looked like they'd been in a paintball fight & Splosh hadn't managed to dodge as much as Splish. Only Splish is still alive  :(

Ever wondered how birds arrive at their names? I had 2 ex-bats that looked very similar (actually, most people said all 6 looked the same, but what do they know?) but one had a slightly crossed beak so I called her Mrs Crossbeak which morphed into Mrs Crosby which was a bit strange so I Google'd Bing Crosby & lo & behold his first wife of 20-odd years was called Dixie Lee which I thought was a great name for a chicken! The one that looked like her was very chatty so I called her Betty as she was the speaker of the hen-house...

Currently I have Aggie, Afro (large comb), Dixie Lee, Rosie, Splish, Bobby, Twinkle, and the new arrivals Bella and PomPom...

jinty1911

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 19:38 »
We have Grace (mother-in-law) Gladys (after my granny) and Cilla after Ms Black cos she's loud.
Jinty

Knight Family

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 21:20 »
We have Blue, Ginger, Mimi, Maggy, Mopsy, Flopsy, Tuplip, Rose, Meep, peep,
Graham = 2x Border collie Dogs, 2x Cats, 1x Wife, 2x Kids, 2x Hamsters and now 10x chickens.

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 21:28 »
LOL I love some of those names!  :lol:

I don't have any chooks yet but it seems to me there are two main themes in chicken names: flowers and aunties.  So I have made a long list of potential chook names based on those two themes.

My "Aunties" list has names like Gladys, Mavis, Elsie and Pearl.  My "Flowers" list has names like Lily, Marigold, Daisy and Violet.

I read a delightful story the other day about Minnie-Rose Lovgreen so I suspect one of my hens may end up being called Minnie-Rose.  http://minnieroseschickensandlife.com/

Surely all ex-batt hens should be named Faith, Hope or Charity?

janet12000

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 21:34 »
My son names all our pets.
Hence we have ended up with Cleopatra, Electra, Dolly Parton, Little Miss naughty, Betsy and Pretzel, Beatrice, Bruce and Peter.
The latest kitten wandered in a few days ago.... 'Mum, he's definitely a James' :blink:

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 21:45 »
Some years ago my cousin and his wife got a little dog.  They both liked the name Benjamin so that's what they named the dog.  A couple of years later they had a baby - a little boy.  They still liked the name Benjamin so they named their baby Benjamin and changed the dog's name to Geoffrey.

Very confusing for all the family - including the dog!  :blink:

janet12000

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 21:52 »
Some years ago my cousin and his wife got a little dog.  They both liked the name Benjamin so that's what they named the dog.  A couple of years later they had a baby - a little boy.  They still liked the name Benjamin so they named their baby Benjamin and changed the dog's name to Geoffrey.

Very confusing for all the family - including the dog!  :blink:
Ha thats so funny!
My best mate had a go at me cause we called a cat 'Evie' whilst my she was pregnant.
Apparently she had earmarked the name for if she had a daughter!
Thankfully she had a boy!!

chasechicken

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 09:01 »
Hehehe - some great names.  I agree with the theme - flowers or aunties (great aunties perhaps)...

The ducks, after escaping again, are currently just called 'the ducks'.  They will be upgraded to their individual names again if they start to behave!

Same goes for 'the cats'.  They're bad too!  I don't have children, but I think with 9 animals - all of whom have different personalities, and all but one who seem to want to make my life miserable - being a parent would be a breeze!......

Pol

• Pauline
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 09:29 »
We Have Dot, Doris the Oprington Dora, Flora the Frieian and Velder, Zelder the Barnevelders
1 Great Husband, 2 Children, 1 Grandson, 2 Allotments & Secretary, 3 Buff Orpington, 2 Friesian, 2 Barnevelder, 2 Dogs 1 Cocker Spaniel and the other X Labrador, 1 Chinchilla, 1 Cat, 2 Guinea Pigs, 2 Horse and look after 2 more, must be mad

xx
Chicken names.

Started by JaK on Chicken Chat

58 Replies
Last post March 04, 2012, 20:05
by ANHBUC
xx
names for chickens

Started by nerdle on Chicken Chat

50 Replies
Last post February 24, 2013, 13:11
by Flowerpower136
xx
Need names for hens...

Started by Kaye on Chicken Chat

27 Replies
Last post April 10, 2011, 11:57
by wildwitchy
xx
weird names for our chooks

Started by rachelr on Chicken Chat

48 Replies
Last post October 03, 2010, 19:22
by bengigirl

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 35 queries.