Qualcast B66

• 9 Replies

portcullis

Qualcast B66
« on: May 30, 2010, 20:28 »
Is there anyone out there who can send me a picture of the throttle linkage for the dellorto f48 carb for the above machine.The engine runs fine but the throttle linkage is incorrect as i use the throttle the wire rises and nothing happens at the carb end and also the throttle returns back to the stop position on the handle due to the linkage spring pulling it back Thanks steve

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
Re: Qualcast B66
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 21:58 »
I’m afraid that my camera is away at the menders so can’t do a photo but here is a drawing from the instruction book.  Viewed from the handlebars the cable attaches to the left hand end of lever 19, the hairpin spring 32 also fits at the same place and tries to pull the cable into the slow position. Tension spring 20 hooks into the right hand end of this lever and the other end of the spring goes into the pigtail on rod 15. The lower end of the rod hooks into the governor arm 16 and the upper end of the rod fits into the bell crank 13, this moves rod 11 which hooks into the lever on top of the throttle butterfly (not shown).

The plastic Bowden lever on the handlebars should be stiff enough to stop the hairpin spring pulling it closed, try dismantling it and, if it is broken, new ones are available though expensive. 
B66 links.jpg
R Tallentire

portcullis

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 22:49 »
Excellent! Mr Tallentine.I'll be having a go at the linkage over the weekend and see what or if anything is broken or missing.Who sells the Bowden levers if it is broken? Steve

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 09:39 »
An eBay shop, Garden Hire Spares http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THROTTLE-LEVER-ASSEMBLY-SUFFOLK-QUALCAST-LAWNMOWER-/270574959977?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenPowerTools_CA&hash=item3eff863d69 stocks them, though I expect any Qualcast agent should stock the part.
Regards, Richard

portcullis

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 18:46 »
Once again you've come up trumps.Thanks Steve

portcullis

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 20:49 »
Richard another question :) All the parts shown on the diagram are the same as my machine except that the hairpin sping item 32 has 4 turns on so the throttle returns to the stop position.Also on the throttle butterfly there is another hole.Is there supposed to be a spring of  some kind to keep the butterfly under tension.Cheers Steve

portcullis

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 10:20 »
Found a broken spring under the throttle butterfly.Can this be replaced?

The carburetter is a dellorto FHC 2013 A

Cheers
Steve

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 21:36 »
My hairpin spring has four turns too, I expect the artist who drew the picture couldn’t be bothered to draw the extra coils. The spring you mention under the butterfly lever is listed in the parts book so should be available from Qualcast agents, part number Q01076. You will have to remove the screw in the centre of the throttle disc and withdraw the spindle from the carb.
Regards, Richard

portcullis

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 20:29 »
Thanks for that.The spring has now been ordered but currently out of stock,not really surprising though.Total cost 45p plus Vat.Now i know there is a spring missing/broken i have got the machine working using an elastic band. :D.Thanks Steve

portcullis

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 20:07 »
The spring is now obsolete i was told today.Luckily though the company i ordered it through had various old carburettors which they keep for spares.They had one which i managed to get a spring off of which seems to do the trick.The carb itself was dead so they let me have it for nought.Now the old B66 is working fine.The company was Romsey Grass so if your short of some bits they might be worth a call.Cheers Steve

xx
Qualcast B66

Started by newellan on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post February 26, 2011, 11:12
by aardvark
xx
Qualcast Punch LRP

Started by superluke2 on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post November 03, 2009, 05:32
by Gwiz
xx
Qualcast Cobra 32

Started by Lardman on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post May 16, 2011, 21:39
by smud6ie
xx
Qualcast Rotovator

Started by scoz on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post February 01, 2010, 18:38
by dorimower

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 39 queries.