woodstaining trellis

• 7 Replies

Mrs.Veg

woodstaining trellis
« on: February 05, 2007, 20:09 »
Hi folks, my hubby wants to know if there is a quick way to woodstain trellis.  (spray it on? - bit messy).

muntjac

woodstaining trellis
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 20:12 »
yeh lay it on a piece plastic sheet  .. slap paint all over it .drain excess back into tin dump plastic in water and then recycle it ,, dont that job just egt in ur head  :x
still alive /............

Mrs.Veg

woodstaining trellis
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 20:36 »
Ta very much but trellis is miles long and already erected.  Not lookin forward to this job, but it's gotta be done! :(

muntjac

woodstaining trellis
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 20:46 »
soft bristle brush and plenty of cuppa's

Trillium

Re: woodstaining trellis
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 04:30 »
Quote from: "Mrs.Veg"
Hi folks, my hubby wants to know if there is a quick way to woodstain trellis.  (spray it on? - bit messy).

If it's already up, then buy a small cheap paint roller and roll the stain onto all the flat bits. Sometimes the roller will also fit the sides, then touchup missed bits with a paintbrush. If the trellis is very tall, fasten the roller handle to a broom handle or something. Toss the roller when done.

judas25

woodstaining trellis
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 11:49 »
on no account use fence spray paint.

the plotholder on the plot next to me recently put a fence round his plot made of wooden pallets. We dont object to the fence at all - what annoyed us it been recently sprayed with this fence spray paint and the spray of the paint have gone all over my hard work in the past year growing vegetables (potatoes/leeks/onions/rhubarb/beetroot/carrots) - Im not a happy bunny at the moment!

there is a grass path between the two plots and it is now completely covered in this paint. I dont think is is acceptable at all.

compostqueen

woodstaining trellis
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 11:58 »
I got trellis too and I don't mind painting it actually.  Water based Cuprinol in Lupine green  :D   Mindless job, bit like weeding, but if it's a nice day you can lose yourself in it.  Steady supply of teas is the key  :D  If two of you have a go at it the work will soon get done.  I use a brush cos you can work it into the wood before painting it smooth again.

judas25

woodstaining trellis
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 13:09 »
Has anyone else has problems or suffered from fence spray paint or not?

xx
how to make a trellis

Started by mickeyboy on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post July 01, 2011, 12:05
by TerryB

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 38 queries.