Disappointed after reading thread re: Not growing main crop potatoes

• 32 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
If you have just taken over a plot that is a bit neglected, taters can be a god send.  I know I used them together with squashes and other 'big' veg that could stand a bit of weed encroachment when I was taming mine. 

Like a lot of others who have replied, I only grow first and second earlies now as I have too many other things I want to grow to allow room for main crops. 

It may sound a bit sad, but I'm always amazed how much you end up picking from what started as a tiny seed.  Digging up spuds when you have planted one little seed potato and end up with a huge heap from each plant is one of the plot's great pleasures, so grow as many as you have room for  :D

salome2001

So you are not one of those putting their brassica in place of new pots then. :lol:

I'm not a huge brassica fan... apart from pak choi. Whereas we go through buckets of potatoes....

Christine

Hmm well it's not the size of the allotment that's the problem - it's the space given over to fruit trees that has ruled out tatties. The requirement for tatties isn't great around the family but the demand for fruit is always there.

xx
planting main crop potatoes in same place as finished early crop?

Started by aejonm on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 16, 2021, 11:41
by al78
xx
Main crop potatoes

Started by Michael D on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post April 03, 2009, 21:42
by Iain@JBA
xx
main crop potatoes

Started by chillimummy on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post September 22, 2013, 08:58
by A Reyt Tayty
xx
Main Crop Potatoes

Started by andyww2013 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 02, 2019, 09:02
by Snowpea

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 39 queries.