Fuel Stabiliser

• 4 Replies

greenhead

• Experienced Member
Fuel Stabiliser
« on: April 19, 2012, 09:28 »
I am told that the addition of a petrol stabiliser to the 2 stroke mix prevents 'gumming up' of small carbs as fitted to strimmer engines, yet manufacturers do not recommend this practise! - comments please

Dopey113

Re: Fuel Stabiliser
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 10:02 »
It could be because of gaskets seals, rubber etc, it may degrade them, and your warranty is at risk if you use it that's if your warranty is still within its date, but there are plenty of products out there that will clean your carb, spray in stuff that will only be used for seconds, rather than all the time your using it, and still there in the seals etc when your not using it
If Its Not Growing... Its Dead.

Gwiz

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 05:43 »
Fuel stabilizer helps to stop unleaded petrol from degrading. It works rather well if the correct quantities are used.
No fuel, whether it has any additive in it or not, should be left in any machine for prolonged periods of time as it may degrade and gum up the small parts and passage ways within the carburettor.
I personally haven't seen any instructions to say that the additive shouldn't be used, on the contrary, I have seen it recommended by a few manufacturers.
Can you give any particular instances so that I can make enquiries?

greenhead

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 09:38 »
Hi Gwiz,  I have a Ryobi RLT30 touch start strimmer which is always a pig to start especially after a few weeks layoff.  I heard that the problem could be gumming up of the small carb parts and could be cured by addition of a fuel stabiliser.  Spoken to Ryobi who did not recommend any additions to the 2 stroke mix.  I can easily discharge the battery without a 'fire'.

Gwiz

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 12:35 »
I think the stabilizer may help. Some engines can be very easy to flood. Have you tried a nes spark plug? that may help also.

xx
Fuel Stabiliser

Started by Lardman on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 19, 2015, 20:57
by Lardman
xx
Fuel

Started by richyrich7 on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post March 21, 2007, 21:02
by richyrich7
xx
new fuel E10

Started by rowlandwells on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post December 13, 2021, 15:58
by jezza
xx
Fuel Cell

Started by Bigbadfrankie on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post August 01, 2010, 21:22
by Bigbadfrankie

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 38 queries.