How to print out an 6"x8" pic.

• 5 Replies

Goosegirl

How to print out an 6"x8" pic.
« on: November 02, 2019, 13:11 »
I'm trying to print out a pic to fit in a 6"x8" (20x25 cm) frame. I have Windows 10 and looked at printing the pic using the print options for both the pic and my printer but there aren't any corresponding sizes. Anyone know how to do it?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: How to print out an 6"x8" pic.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 14:41 »
Frankly, no, but you might get somewhere by copying and pasting the picture file into a Word document, resizing it to the dimensions you want, then printing the page.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 13:55 »
Aha, should have thought of that and what a success! I had three pics with various size ratios so copied them into a Word doc (don't ask why they came out upside down), clicked on the ruler, had a little fiddle and by Jove I think I've got it!  The pic was taken by OH on our Hebridean cruise with his new camera. Somehow he managed to slide one of the buttons on the top so he ended up with six versions of the same pic. It's actually one of my favourites and am framing it as a certain festival present for our dear niece and her OH. 
Xmas pic present.jpg

DanielCoffey

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 19:38 »
I know you have it sorted now but I just looked at the Windows 10 Print Picture tool and did see a 20x25cm option.

I opened File Explorer and went and found one of my pictures (it happens to be landscape rather than your portrait orientation). I also only have a black and white laser printer so please ignore the greyscale in the shot below.

Next I right-clicked on the picture and selected Print. The "How do you want to print your picture" window appeared. In it I could select my printer, the paper size the dpi resolution and the paper type. Down on the right side was a column of "frame sizes", one of which is 20x25cm.

Do you see that on your machine? Also make sure "Fit picture to frame" is selected.
Printing.jpg

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 13:01 »
Ah DC, it seems I made a little typo so Mea Culpa for that. I should have stated 6" x 8" equals roughly 20.5 x 15.5 cm. However all is not lost as I copied it into a doc, cropped it using the ruler, and hopefully it will work. If not, I'll get a different picture frame size. Thanks all. 

DanielCoffey

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 17:01 »
There is an option to change Windows 10 from Metric to Imperial which will switch to Imperial photo sizes but it is well buried!

If you are brave enough to dive into the darker areas of Win10, it is Control Panel - Time and Language - Date and Time Regional Formatting - Region - Change Date, Time or Number Format - Additional Settings - Measurement System : Metric/US

Phew!

xx
Clasiscal music piano piece for Poirot's last case called "Curtains."

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post March 04, 2023, 09:38
by Goosegirl
xx
"Nature Watch (other than birds)"

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

625 Replies
Last post February 22, 2024, 18:31
by Subversive_plot
xx
"Spring cleaning" the garden !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post July 06, 2018, 20:06
by mrs bouquet
xx
Collecting "Non-sensitive" data

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post October 13, 2019, 15:28
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 36 queries.