Tomato Plants

• 2 Replies

davesellars

Tomato Plants
« on: May 18, 2011, 10:50 »
Hi.  I acquired an allotment late last year, so this is is my attempt growing pretty much everything so i've been reading up a fair bit on t'internet and books etc and all seems to be going reasonably well so far...  :)

I have approx 30 tomato plants all grown from seed currently sitting in small pots.  Some have gone a little leggy I think (they have all been indoors grown next to a window left open the majority of the time!) and seeing plants available from the market etc they all seem to have a much larger "trunk" than mine.  Should I be concerned?  Is there anything I can do to strengthen them up before planting them outside?

Also, what would be the best advice for planting them outside?  I have a large roll of horticultural plastic to make a large cloche - should I use this, or just leave them to the elements?

lucywil

• http://ourallotments.blogspot.com/
Re: Tomato Plants
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 11:05 »
i would get them outside asap, just during the day to start with but if they are going outside this will toughen them up.

i have ones that go outside with no protection which i have planted in the ground today and i have some that are ina cold greenhouse so its up to you if you want to protect them or not

davesellars

Re: Tomato Plants
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 11:13 »
Thanks.  I live in an apartment so i'll plant them out and just cover them over with plastic for the night.  Just means i'll have to get up a bit earlier to go down the allotment to uncover them for the day..  :tongue2:  I suppose this will be OK?

xx
tomato plants

Started by hanssg on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post May 31, 2013, 23:56
by viettaclark
xx
tomato plants

Started by AmandaLouise on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 05, 2012, 22:09
by Growster...
xx
Tomato Plants.

Started by Motivator on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post April 29, 2008, 18:11
by DD.
xx
tomato plants

Started by davidmw on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 05, 2013, 22:03
by DD.

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 28 queries.