my first veg plot update.

• 9 Replies

moggy

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.chilliupnorth.co.uk/
« on: January 14, 2008, 20:49 »
When i first joined the site i had just picked up the keys to my first house.

well the rennovation is nearly done and we are hoping to move in soon.

as far as the garden goes i have done lots of moving of plants, digging out of unwanted plants and clearing of bushes etc that were in the way, and below is a pic of my newly dug over veg patch (finally got round to doing it over Christmas)

sorry its not great quality but its off my mobile, its going to be a decent sized plot as there is a fair chunk thats not in the photo, ther are alsoa few rhubarb plants that i moved and a cold frame full of strawberries.

im planning to seperate it into raised beds later this month ready for planting.

the only set back i have had so far is some little idiots throwing a couple of stones through the greenhouse windows so ill have to go and get 3 new pains of glass.

ive got all my seeds apart from the spuds that i want so im raring to go, i have some different tomato seeds and a lot of stuff ive not grown before along with some tried and tested chillis etc that i grow every year.

anyway i hope that everyones 2008 growing season goes well and ill try and post more regularly once things in the garden are under way.

cheers
Moggy
PS if anyone wants any of my chilli seeds in return for some veg/tomato/chilli seeds then please drop me a line
It's Chilli up North.

noshed

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 20:52 »
Good fer you!
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

Selkie

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 21:18 »
Looks good, could you fit flexi glass in the greenhouse so when they throw stones at it they just bounce off and hit the idiots :D

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 21:46 »
You're doing great Moggy  :!:

Whyn don't you put a post in the Swap Shop forum  :D

splodger

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 21:51 »
nice 1 moggy - don't it look good when it's freshly dug - and no weeds - make the most of it - it don't last  :lol:

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 21:58 »
Quote from: "rosemarycallsthegoddess"
Looks good, could you fit flexi glass in the greenhouse so when they throw stones at it they just bounce off and hit the idiots :D

Yes,  I'm buying 4mm perspex each time I lose a pane so eventually my entire greenhouse will be glazed with plastic that doesn't break and I've not had any issues with the plastic going cloudy or anything...

try www.greenhousewarehouse.com for some.  It's more expensive than glass but has the benefit of not needing to be replaced each time the little *ahem* darlings decide to take a pot shot  :evil:

Sally A

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 22:41 »
You could nail chicken wire over the unbroken panes which might give a bit of protection :idea:

brucesgirl

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 08:36 »
Word of advice. Don't use perspex (acrylic) as it shatters, use polycarbonate, which was designed for bus stops etc. It doesn't shatter.

We have people asking us for perspex all the time for greenhouses and I always have to explain this.

moggy

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.chilliupnorth.co.uk/
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 10:03 »
thanks guys, i was thinking of replacing it with some sort of glass alternative but was worried about it going white/cloudy as its a south facing garden so should get a lot of sun.

apparently the green house has been there for years and never had a cracked pain, it seems as if drunken kids on new year were to blame

The Thin Blue Line

• Experienced Member
  • One Forking at a time please.
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 12:26 »
aye polycarbonate

xx
plot update

Started by andyk on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 14, 2007, 12:02
by WG.
xx
Plot update!

Started by Jaye on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post January 26, 2008, 09:22
by Jaye
xx
Plot picture update.

Started by Sadgit on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post June 06, 2008, 10:08
by Sadgit
xx
Update on my veggie plot

Started by Oliveview on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post November 02, 2006, 09:43
by John

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 35 queries.