Free spirit !

• 6 Replies

ali2

• Experienced Member
Free spirit !
« on: July 12, 2011, 08:18 »
Does anyone else have a chicken with a free spirit ?  We have one that doesn't stay in the run but jumps over the fence ..yes I know we could clip her wing but would somehow destroy her character !! - so she is free range  quite a bit of the day - walks indoors if the door is left open and drinks from the dog's bowl and the other night she didn't even go in the coop to roost ..we couldn't find her anywhere..feared the worst that a fox would find her during the night but at 6.30am she was standing at the back door none the worse for her night on the tiles !!  She is so sweet never thought I could get so attached to a chicken  :lol:
Dogs were born with three legs and a spare.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Free spirit !
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 07:31 »
She sounds lovely ali2.  When chickens are kept with space to show natural behaviour and space to roam, you suddenly see what characters they have and some are way more people focussed than others.  Sounds like your girl has fallen on her feet with you and is making herself very much at home  :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 09:02 »
some of mine that roost in the trees come round to my back door if ever I am late getting up and tap with their beaks demanding their breakfast  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

evie2

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 17:40 »
Our free spirit is called Tinker, usually to be found wherever she shouldn't be doing something she shouldn't :D she's always the first out, first to the back door and first to roast, she's really rather sweet :D
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 17:53 »
Our free spirit is called Tinker, usually to be found wherever she shouldn't be doing something she shouldn't :D she's always the first out, first to the back door and first to roast, she's really rather sweet :D

so did she taste nice?   ;)

Raven81

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 18:24 »
My free spirit is called Matilda AKA "Purple".  She has discovered the cat flap and I keep finding her on the table eating the cat food - which now has to be kept covered up!!
Last night really panicked as I couldn't find her anywhere - turns out she was in the neighbours garden making a nest under their bushes!!
She decided the dog looked tasty the other day when he was asleep and started pecking at his leg!
The glass is neither half empty or half full - it is simply the incorrect size! Find a new glass!

evie2

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 20:12 »

so did she taste nice?   ;)

::) :nowink: :lol:

xx
first day free ranging

Started by evie2 on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post November 07, 2010, 19:51
by evie2
clip
free range ?????

Started by chicken henry on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post December 02, 2013, 21:45
by andy46
xx
First Day Free Ranging & Could I be a girl, (please)

Started by gracie on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post May 09, 2011, 15:21
by LittleRedHen
clip
free books{ now gone to new home}

Started by samuria on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post October 27, 2018, 12:36
by samuria

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 37 queries.