Free stuff at B & Q

• 2 Replies

kezlou

Free stuff at B & Q
« on: May 18, 2008, 00:53 »
Went to my local B & Q today to buy some new piping and toilet seat when i noticed B& Q were giving away free plant trays.

They had previously been used by the shop for keeping pots in. The trays were covered in webs and compost but what do you expect for free stuff.

Anyway  i grabbed a couple, tomorrow more compost and seeds are getting shot in them!
Who needs a guard-dog when you can have cats for guards!

amberleaf

• Experienced Member
Free stuff at B & Q
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 07:54 »
Most supermarkets will let you have their old packaging for free.

If it has had food in it, it can not be re-used. Even if the food is also packaged and the material is perfectly clean. You may have to use your imagination a bit though and make holes in the bottom of the trays, even use two together for strength sometimes.

I always 'ask' an assistant's permission. Often they have gone and got me a load more.

Those plastic sandwich boxes make good propagator lids and the bigger yoghurt pot holders will hold a few plant pots.

I once spotted an elderly lady asking in the bakery department for the 'bits' from the bread slicer, for her bird table. She got a great big carrier bag full. She told me she lived alone and didn't eat bread. Celiac or something and that the bag full kept in the freezer, lasted her bird table all week.

Wine boxes with dividers in, help to store cooking apples individually wrapped in newspaper.
If it rots compost it
If it burns burn it
If it is chocolate eat it

kezlou

Free stuff at B & Q
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 15:37 »
Yes those plastic sandwich thingys and the plastic containers which hold friut / salads in cafes are great propagators. Used them in March to sow tomatoes all were showing within a week!

I also cut the top off plastic milk cartons, shove holes in the bottom and use them as containers. Growing salad in mine now, works a treat.

xx
free stuff !

Started by daveinmanc on Frugal Living

3 Replies
Last post January 08, 2008, 00:14
by Selkie
xx
this weeks free stuff

Started by big green bloke on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post April 22, 2011, 21:26
by big green bloke
xx
Free Bird Stuff

Started by Dabhand on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post January 27, 2011, 15:06
by Dabhand
xx
GW Magazine May free stuff

Started by Madame Cholet on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post April 30, 2014, 08:57
by Madame Cholet

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 35 queries.