eco balls and e cloths - anyone use them?

• 37 Replies

redmower3

Re: eco balls and e cloths - anyone use them?
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2009, 17:45 »
Saw eco balls a year ago, did the maths, read some reviews and decided to invest. The first couple of washes were brilliant...clean clothes, soft fluffy towels but after that I began to think they had no effect whatsoever and I'm back to powder and the balls are consigned to under the sink.

Have read the whole thread, does it seem strange that they seem to work for some people and not others?

hard water v. soft water perhaps?

spud

• Experienced Member
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2009, 18:16 »
Yea ... ours are never used either. First couple of washes seemed OK, I think it was either a build up of powder in the machine or the feel good factor about it  ::)

Cheers

:)
Best Regards,

spud

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 19:31 »
I am seriously considering purchasing some eco balls.....

I am not really that impressed. Both my brother and I have tried them and although loose dirt comes out OK (it probably would just with water anyway) stains etc seem not to be shifted.
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Stripey_cat

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 20:50 »
We have the ecoballs, and I agree that I'm not sure they do much more than just water would.  On the other hand, they are fine for normally dirty things (towels, shirts, undies, even muddy gardening clothes).  One day I should do a control of a load with balls against a load with just water!  You need to use a short, low temp., economy cycle with them.  I've had a lot less eczema-type problems since I stopped using normal washing-liquid (I've never been able to tolerate softeners; since I was a baby they'd bring me up in a rash).  Occasionally I'll do a load of cleaning rags with normal detergent on the hot cycle, which seems to help keep the machine clean, though.  We are in a hard water area, and using a new-ish side-loading machine, for comparison purposes.

timmycat

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 21:14 »
i use them, but only for my washing that is not too dirty or for wool or other delicates.
for heavy stain or whites at 60 or 90 degrees is use washingpowder and vanish.

Ann

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2009, 23:19 »
I was disapointed with the eco balls but wouldn't be without my e cloths have one for the house and one for the car.

esther

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2009, 17:31 »
Hi, this is my first post. We have used the ecoballs and ecover and of course more standard brands.

I have a man who it is probably fair to say has a strong natural scent and two small boys in the family among others. We find the balls are ok for general colour washes but we have never used them for extended periods of time without alternating with powder so perhaps that is why they work.. we use ecover for whites and dirtier things and have had to go back to a bio powder for himself after work complained he smelt but I think the person complaining is so used to washing powder smell to her fragrance rather than lack of smell is a clean smell, I hate how his clothes smell now with the bio powder.

However  we use ecover for the babies nappies and it is fine, the last batch out were almost sparkling... BUT I do have one reason why it works really well for us (for everything but strong man smell)  we recently invested in a new washing machine, quite an expensive one with has among other things a steam setting.. adding the steam to the baby wash makes a huge difference to the nappies and it's still more economical on power than most machines.

Poolfield2

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2009, 20:51 »
Hi there Esther and welcome to the forum, hope to meet you in lots of different sections on here :)

xx
Washing balls

Started by ManicMum on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post February 27, 2012, 21:55
by grinling

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 32 queries.