Post op. mark

• 24 Replies

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Post op. mark
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 16:18 »
One of dogs had to wear one of those years ago but it didn't stop one of our other dogs getting to his wound and trying to clean it and pull the stitches out  :lol: He hated it as he also kept bumping into things, but he did find it covered his feed bowl which stopped the others stealing his food  :lol:
Staffies are softer than you think.

Foxy

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 16:58 »
Our new cat Sammi had to wear one of those...lasted around 27 seconds! :lol: :lol:

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 18:14 »
I wouldn't mind so much but one of the other vets in that practice gave us the T shirt idea for her, so thats what she normally gets to wear. Very smart too  8). This vet didn't seem keen on that today though..  >:(
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Parsnip

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 18:59 »
Well when I got home from work yesterday, she had managed to burst the thing, so we took her to the vet this morning and we were given another weeks worth of antibiotics and a collar. Vet: "I'll give you a collar", us:  :unsure: . Vet: "Have you tried a collar before", us: "No" (because we know our dog  ::).....). "Well could you try one this time?", "OK". I was hoping to take a cute picture of her wearing the collar and post it, but she totally freaked when she had a little practice earlier  :ohmy:. She can't understand why the doorframes and walls are jumping out at her  :(. Hates me now  :(.

That reminds me of when Poo had his bits off, he did the banging into everything thing..We laughed and laughed at him... :lol: Poor wee man :blush:

totalnovice

• kates allotment adventure
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2009, 13:22 »
Hope she is getting a bit better now. When our cats were done they both had to wear collars - sam, the boy, is so stupid he just accepted it and kept walking in to things (bless him) but the Delilah hated it and went crazy after about 2 seconds. We just had to keep an eye on her. - good idea about the tshit though for bigger dogs.
Kate
Always thankful for advice!

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2009, 14:47 »
Hope she is getting a bit better now. ..... - good idea about the tshirt though for bigger dogs.

She seems fine in herself and takes her medicine very well unlike many animals. We haven't been using the collar over the weekend and I have yet to decide what I will do about that when I go to work tomorrow.

Flowerpower136

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 10:05 »
Don't worry, she won't hate you for long.

I remember all sorts of problems with collars when we had dachunds.  Can you imagine it, the edge of the collar with mms from the floor and kept tripping him up.  He was very vocal about it all, which made us laugh even more because it was just like a loud hailer :D.

The only problme we've ever had with wounds not healing was because a drainage tube had somehow got pulled back into the caviity (unknown to us), and the wound just would not heal.

The vet gave the area a very gentle squeeze, and the tube plopped out, imagine a finger cut off a rubber glove!  I nearly died, thought it was some sort of horrific flesh eating maggoty whatsit.  Anyway, healed up nicely after that........and I recovered eventually ;)

Hope she's doing OK.

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 11:27 »
Just not long back from the vet after the post antibiotic course check. All fine  :). (Again).

Rubellite

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 13:23 »
Good to hear that, Argyllie  :)

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 13:52 »

xx
Where to post this?

Started by tosca100 on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2012, 16:42
by Chicken_Lover
xx
New scratching post!!! Joy!!

Started by devonbarmygardener on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post March 27, 2013, 19:55
by devonbarmygardener
xx
New scratching post...................

Started by DD. on Pets without Feathers

25 Replies
Last post January 05, 2014, 22:39
by devonbarmygardener

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 39 queries.