Chicube or not?

• 4 Replies

EggandSpoon

Chicube or not?
« on: May 02, 2012, 21:14 »
Chicubes!
We have Just received our chicube and very impressed with the product
We ordered a Complete starter package with 3 hybrids (Maggie Mo and Shirley)
Including set up and advice session
Total price paid £ 468.99
Cube is solid and has the optional back door opening there is plenty of room for them including 6ft run
However! Chicubes as a business are not the most reliable company for honest communication , when I ordered via their website, the only order confirmation I had was from Paypal, confirming the payment.
2 days after placing the order I have a phone call to arrange for delivery (only 18 days to wait, I thought was pretty good)
On the Day of delivery , phone call, Delivery now cancelled due to a MOT failure, Chicubes  tried to contact me via emails  (none received ) they said they misspelt my name – strange I emailed them on several occasions. Delivery was now re scheduled for the following week,
AGAIN delivery was cancelled on the day. my husband took the message they asked for his better nature?! , this time the run wasn’t ready?!   my husband had a few words and insisted we have an email to confirm the next delivery arrangements in writing.
We then had our first email “ Thank you for your understanding.
To confirm our conversation, my driver will be with you on Monday afternoon. I will add some extras to your package to make up for the delays.”
Being very patient people we gave Chicubes  another chance and decided if we didn’t receive our order third time then we would demand a full refund.
Cube and hens arrives three days later, told delivery will be afternoon,  3pm phone call to say driver is delayed should arrive between 6 and 7pm.
Pick up truck arrives 7.30 Typically my husband is still working so I help driver  with cube and run.
I also have 2 over excited children 5 and 7 that can not believe the chickens have finally arrived!  (After being let down twice before).
I was horrified and felt guilty that these poor hens had travelled in a cage in the back of a open pickup truck for a 4 hour trip, heavy rain and It was late for them too!
I was told there are clips missing off the run ( to secure top opening) and there should be a cover,  I also discovered the wormer and antiseptic spray were missing too (these were specified  for the Complete Starter package £40)
We did receive the Plastic feeder and drinker ,20kg  bag of food and half a bag of straw
There was also some anti pecking spray – was this the extras as promised?!

The advice session?  Not even a demonstration ..... very disappointing
 Delivery and installation £39.99
the only advice I was given, to make sure hens stay in their run for a week before letting them out and tent pegs will help to secure the run. ( I even made him a cup of tea!)
Told we have hybrids, how do I know? Could they be ex battery? Being a complete novice not even shown how to hold a chicken!
Even the delivery driver and was awkward handling  the chickens!
Driver had gone by 8 pm
Overall The concept of the product is good quality and really well made, its a shame the company its self is letting it down! No helpline  or follow up.
I think they need to give Mary Portas a call! Until they do our advise would be to keep clear.

:mad:

Pixiewish

Re: Chicube or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 22:30 »
What a shame to be have been so let down by them  :(

I have been in touch with them and so far so good, prompt and helpful replies to email queries. 

You would think that if you have paid for an advice session that is what you get...at least an hour I would expect.

I hope that you will be letting them know what you think.

splash101

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 23:28 »
It's really disappointing when you get let down, especially when the family are eagerly awaiting new additions

If you have paid by paypal and still havent received the outstanding order and missing parts, and havent had a satisfactory response from the company, you can make a claim against them through paypal.

I think you have 45 days to lodge a complaint via paypal (think its 45 days but they will be able to advise you)

Poor service before hand is one thing, missing parts, non communication and poor aftersales is something else.

At least if you lodge a complaint via paypal, they will have to respond to it

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 09:11 »
Chicubes!
Told we have hybrids, how do I know? Could they be ex battery?

:mad:

When you first load their website it does state that the hens are ex bat unless you don't really want one.

There doesn't seem to be any detailed information on the "Advice Session"!

You really need to air your complaints with the Company as this is the only way they can put things right and improve their service in the future.

I hope that you get things sorted.  Any advice you need on the care and handling of your hens just ask on here.  :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

grinling

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 12:46 »
Please let us know your area, there might be someone who could pop round to help you.

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 38 queries.