wyevale seed sale

• 87 Replies

cadalot

Re: wyevale seed sale
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2014, 14:36 »
Lower Morden Lane this morning and as I was browsing they were discussing about taking all the seeds off the racks and putting in tugs and I suggested as a customer that I prefer to have them still on a rack because I have a list and it's easier to find what I want. The guy asked me to email him that feedback as he is of the same opinion but customer feedback can help.

So I'm also going to send him a link to this posting..

Even if it's only for a couple of weeks or they all get hung on a single frame before being put on a table or in tugs I find it easier on the racks - yes picked up another 12 packets of seeds, so that's 38 packs of seeds now.

I have also visited a few other garden centres locally but their seed have just gone and have been replaced with spring bulbs
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 14:38 by cadalot »

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2014, 15:52 »
Yep, definitely easier on the racks. Syon Park (yes I know, another one!) had their half on a big table and half on the racks. Couldn't be faffed doing anything more than a few minutes shuffle through the table items, and then only because all the Franchi seed packets were on that.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2014, 17:25 »
I made it along to the York one today and you're right about the tables ... really hard to look through them properly, plus the seed packets in 5 trugs on the floor.  They seem to have a lot of Franchi Italian veg seed packets to get rid of, and lots of flowers too.

I'm sure they'd sell far more if they were still on racks, enabling you to see what's left.

Anyway, I found myself spending rather more than I intended ...  ::)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2014, 17:31 »
as you do  :lol:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2014, 17:35 »
Well, it was a hardship, of course - but what can you do?  It's your duty to give just some of those poor abandoned seed packets a good home ...  ::) :wub:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2014, 17:46 »
If you say so  :lol: :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2014, 19:38 »
 :lol: :lol:. We really are no good in this seedaholics self help group are we  :lol:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Lulu

• Winner Best Sunflower - 2012
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2014, 22:05 »
Went to the Oxford branch today looking for the trugs full of seeds packets and I couldn't see them.  Slight panic set in :ohmy:  :unsure:  This couldn't be the only Wyevale without a 50 p sale but....relief I found them.  they still had them hanging up on their proper stand with a sign next to them.  It did make it easier to choose what I wanted but those packets still seemed to jump into my hand - 27 of them.  Did buy some plug plants as well for the spring and some pansies.
Wash your hands, stay at home, distance yourself

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2014, 12:21 »
I am so ashamed of myself, hubby took me to the Derby Wyevale and somehow 42 packets of seeds found their way home with me, on the plus side I must have saved a fortune  :lol:

OMG just added them all up £105.41 and I paid £21  :ohmy: :ohmy: that's it I won't be buying my seeds from anywhere else.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 12:34 by Ma Lowe »

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2014, 13:40 »
I am so ashamed of myself, hubby took me to the Derby Wyevale and somehow 42 packets of seeds found their way home with me, on the plus side I must have saved a fortune  :lol:

OMG just added them all up £105.41 and I paid £21  :ohmy: :ohmy: that's it I won't be buying my seeds from anywhere else.
Hmmmm... we're all seedaholics here ???
I don't think you or any of the crew here will be able to resist a packet or 2 when you need to pop out to the garden centre for something! :D :D :D

cadalot

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2014, 17:00 »
Now updated my list and thinking how I can get over to Dorking without the wife telling me I don't need any more seeds. I'm now sorting them by type and year they expire so I use them in the correct order - I also list the amount of seeds in a pack.

* Cadalots Seed List 2014.pdf
(74.73 kB ~ Downloads: 345)

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2014, 18:15 »
Jeez cadalot you don't do things by half do you :D

I thought I was organised just by putting an elastic bag around the the lettuce packs, the squash packs etc :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2014, 18:38 »
I thought I was organised just by putting an elastic bag around the the lettuce packs, the squash packs etc :lol:

That's my kind of organization  :lol:

cadalot

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2014, 19:28 »
It's all an attempt to make sure I don't buy too many  :nowink: I was specifically looking for seed with 2016 dates in addition to the 2015 for next season. I had forgot the poached egg plants until I saw a couple of packs on the rack. The list was really helpful when visiting the garden centre the second time/ branch and if I get chance it will be the third branch

smiley
Annual 50p-a-Packet seed sale at Garden Centre Group / Wyevale

Started by Kristen on Frugal Living

76 Replies
Last post September 23, 2013, 10:04
by joyfull
xx
Wyevale Sale

Started by DD. on Frugal Living

6 Replies
Last post July 20, 2011, 14:10
by whiskywill
xx
Wyevale 50p sale is on...

Started by surbie100 on Frugal Living

17 Replies
Last post September 01, 2015, 08:01
by New shoot
xx
Wyevale sale

Started by snowdrops on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post July 26, 2014, 06:52
by cadalot

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 29 queries.