for the 'oldies'

• 9 Replies

wighty

for the 'oldies'
« on: April 18, 2019, 20:25 »
We were watching 'Pawn stars' and it started us off with childhood programmes we remembered.  Tales from the Riverbank, Bagpuss, Andy Pandy.  I could go on.  How many do you remember?

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: for the 'oldies'
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 21:36 »
Probably too far fetched to suggest it actually inspired me to garden, but 'bob dup diddly iddly up' is a clue to another one I remember fondly.

If you've given up already:
Bill and Ben The Flower Pot Men: Cabbages - FULL EPISODE - YouTube

(Have to say, about 60 years since I last watched it it now feels a little spooky!   :ohmy:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 22:38 »
The Herb Garden with Lord Basil and Lady Rosemary.   The children and I loved it.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 13:36 »
Without looking any up, I remember Billy Bean and his Funny Machine, Mr Pastry, Muffin the Mule, one with Humphrey Lestocq, Billy Bunter, Champion the Wonder Horse, Picture Book, Rag Tag and Bobtail, The Wooden-tops, All Your Own and The Womblies.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jaydig

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 16:37 »
Dare I even mention Muffin the Mule in case everyone thinks I'm in my dotage!  What was the one that had characters called "Weebles" in it?  Was that the Womblies you mentioned GG?  I'm sure that Popeye must have always been on on a Monday evening because I can remember having our after school tea, and it was always Sunday roast leftovers.

wighty

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 16:52 »
I see Sky 1 is showing Moomin Valley at 5.30 this afternoon.  Might be worth a watch!  We collected the vouchers from cornflakes back in the late 80's and sent off for two videos of children's programmes which my two loved.  Next time in the attic I'll have to see if we still have them and convince P aul to reconnect the video player.  ::)

Pescador

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 19:37 »
Sooty and Sweep. Andy Pandy and Loobie Lou getting up to who knows what in that laundry basket, Noddy and Big Ears, Nogin the Nog.
Every Pickle Helps!

Paul's Preserves and Pickles.

8doubles

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 19:38 »
Sarah and Hoppity , don't go there !

I'm sure i am owed compensation for PTSD.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 20:33 »
Ah yes, Billy Bean built a machine to see what it would do ……   Who were the ones that used to whistle ?
 Mrs Bouquet

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 07:20 »
Without looking any up, I remember Billy Bean and his Funny Machine, Mr Pastry, Muffin the Mule, one with Humphrey Lestocq, Billy Bunter, Champion the Wonder Horse, Picture Book, Rag Tag and Bobtail, The Wooden-tops, All Your Own and The Womblies.

Mrs Growster and I often sing the Billy Bean song, and she makes up disgraceful words too...

Humphrey Lestocq was a well-known visitor to her Dad's pub, and we saw him most days! He was a charming man, and always had a smile and drink, while laughing most of the time! Mrs Growster worked for his wife during the holidays, and Mary was just gorgeous! The Bunters came from around here too.

How about 'Shadow Squad' then? Great cop thriller, solved in half an hour usually!

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 49 queries.