tomato question

• 4 Replies

rowlandwells

tomato question
« on: May 12, 2022, 21:12 »
we are growing 2 varieties of tomato's  gardeners delight and crimson crush both are growing quite well except the gardeners delight the leaves have started to curl up and go brown on the edges and we don't know why this is happening as the crimson crush has no probs both we potted on at the same time same G/P compost

so we are unsure if we should discard the plants or not so I thought I would ask if anyone could give us some advise what mite be causing this and what should be done any advise would be much appreciated RW

Hampshire Hog

Re: tomato question
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 22:10 »
Interesting question RW. One thought I had was whether gardeners delight is less tolerant of high temperatures or needs more water compared to crimson crush. Obviously other options might be a virus or something attacking the roots. Unfortunately my only experience has been with the dreaded blight but I would hope that it’s too early for that. Might be worth posting a picture of the affected plant?
Good luck HH
Keep digging

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 04:51 »
Google "tomato leaf curl virus".  Does it look like that?
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 14:55 »
thank you both for your replies we thought it could be that the plants where to close to the greenhouse door and may have got cold ? because they seem to be still growing despite the leaves turning up and slightly brown

but I will google to see if it could be leaf curl Virus once again many thanks  RW

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 17:24 »
thank you both for your replies we thought it could be that the plants where to close to the greenhouse door and may have got cold ? because they seem to be still growing despite the leaves turning up and slightly brown

but I will google to see if it could be leaf curl Virus once again many thanks  RW

I hope you are right about the cold and it's not the virus. Best of luck to you!

xx
a frosty question and a tomato question

Started by flitwickone on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 22, 2011, 18:29
by JayG
xx
Tomato question

Started by Plot74 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 18, 2012, 20:05
by LilacSandy
xx
Tomato question.

Started by Minty on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post July 02, 2008, 18:22
by gobs
xx
Tomato question

Started by robinahood on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post July 18, 2015, 07:37
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 38 queries.