Australorp bantams

• 7 Replies

stickywicket

Australorp bantams
« on: April 22, 2008, 18:11 »
Hi

I am trying to find someone who has Australorp bantams in my area. I am in Hampshire/Berkshire area. Would also consider travelling to Wiltshire. Can anyone help? I only want 1 or 2 hens to mix with a few other birds. Thanks. :D

ness

• Experienced Member
Australorp bantams
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 21:04 »
Sorry can't help you - have you tried looking at the poultry sellers bit on poultry info?
Just wanted to say good choice of bird - am planning to hatch some soon and am sooooooooooo excited!  :D

Foxy

Australorp bantams
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 21:37 »
Second that -lovely birds! I have 3 black austrolorp banties, make very good mums too! Here is the 3 of them together!

ness

• Experienced Member
Australorp bantams
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 22:39 »
OMG they are sooooo lovely - just successfully put eggs under broody.  I am so excited - can you tell!?  :lol:

stickywicket

Australorp bantams
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 23:17 »
I'm glad I have chosen a nice breed but it is so hard to find any! We have been planning to have chickens for months now and everything is ready for them!

Do you think Australorps would mix well with other breeds. I was thinking of putting them with either Wyandottes and/or Sussex bantams.

ness

• Experienced Member
Australorp bantams
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 12:53 »
I don't see why they wouldn't mix with other birds (although Foxy would be able to confirm this).  I haven't had experience of them yet but have read up a lot about them and they seem to be friendly, hardy, decent egglayers - can't really see why they aren't more popular.
Shame I'm not closer to you coz if (and thats a big IF) I have success in hatching these little blighters I'll be looking to sell them on when they are old enough.
Cheers
Ness

Foxy

Australorp bantams
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 20:27 »
shouldn't have any probs with mixing australorps with most breeds really as they are friendly with docile natures and such lovely faces! :lol:

stickywicket

Australorp bantams
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 13:27 »
Thanks for your help. I have now found a fairly local breeder who is going to sort me out with some Australorps, Sussex and Plymouth Rock bantams. I can't wait! :D

xx
Little australorp reluctant to roost with the big girls

Started by marygall on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post January 05, 2010, 21:28
by Foxy
question
Bantams

Started by rcandy2001 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 09, 2009, 19:02
by Big Jen
xx
Bantams

Started by ohsocute on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 26, 2010, 13:04
by ohsocute
xx
Bantams??

Started by RICH_Chicken on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 31, 2016, 07:02
by joyfull

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 38 queries.