Free Water Butts

• 37 Replies

penninehillbilly

• Experienced Member
Re: Free Water Butts
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2010, 00:22 »
If anyone wants barrels but can't get them, when our local council brought wheelie bins in we could go to the local waste transfer station and get the old dustbins for free, been very useful this year.

Paul Plots

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2010, 00:41 »
If anyone wants barrels but can't get them, when our local council brought wheelie bins in we could go to the local waste transfer station and get the old dustbins for free, been very useful this year.

That's very useful but I'm not so sure our local council would be so helpful  :unsure:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

penninehillbilly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2010, 00:54 »
Its unusual for OUR council to be helpful, but they have to get rid of the old dustbins somehow, what wasn't taken just went for recycling.
BTW - just been looking at 'where's the gang' pages, I see 1.57am is early evening for you  :)

Paul Plots

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 01:07 »
Its unusual for OUR council to be helpful, but they have to get rid of the old dustbins somehow, what wasn't taken just went for recycling.
BTW - just been looking at 'where's the gang' pages, I see 1.57am is early evening for you  :)

Fairly....  ;)

Lotti Digger

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2010, 06:11 »
Hi there. I work at a printers in Middlesbrough. We have lots of blue plastic barrels which used to contain 150kg of water soluble varnish. Once jet washed they make ideal water butts. I've already got rid of a fair few to local allotments, but we go through at least one a fortnight so consequently we have plenty remaining. I'd like them to go to a good home. So, as long as you're willing to collect, you can have as many as you want  completely free of charge. Reply to this post

Phone number removed for fear of the world calling you about little blue pills

Free Water Butts

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2011, 15:43 »
Thanks to this thread the Blue Barrels don't hang around for long these days, but they are still available.

So if you are near the Middlesbrough area and require one, feel free to drop me a line  :)

Caltrad

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2011, 20:25 »
Always wondered where to get these barrels!

Had one once which'd had concentrated orange juice in it, shipped over from South America. For about 6 months the garden was orange scented!!

Is it any particular type of printers one should approach (Glossy brochures? Magazines) or do all printers tend to use this stuff?

Growster...

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2011, 17:58 »
We had one of those too! They had held the orange pulp, and presumably finished up in marmalade factories all over the place!

Still got a few on the new patch, and sadly, smell of nothing but - er - rotting stuff etc...;0)

xx
Cheap water butts and water butt pumps

Started by ConfusedGardener on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post May 07, 2013, 20:50
by ConfusedGardener
question
storing water and water butts help

Started by galeey on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post July 06, 2015, 20:24
by noshed
xx
water butts

Started by benny1 on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post July 02, 2010, 16:21
by Paul Plots
xx
water butts

Started by noshed on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post March 17, 2006, 23:43
by Heather_S

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 35 queries.